Question

Cancel in cooling off period before number transferred

• 19 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I just signed up to ID Mobile sim only and received my sim yesterday.  On trying it at both home and work the signal is worse than my current provider (Talk Mobile) and so I am starting to think there is no point changing provider and i would like to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period. When i signed up i submitted my PAC and my number is due to port over on Friday.  if I cancel my contract with ID today/tomorrow will that automatically cancel the number port?  what I don’t want to happen is to cancel ID then the number still transfer and I end up losing my number.  But hopefully if I cancel today then this wouldn’t be a risk?

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

First off @aldoH, technically you need to cancel your ORDER within your cooling off period, which varies depending on where you bought your iD Mobile product. 
Don’t cancel your iD contract by mistake @aldoH, as you might then be charged an early termination fee.

Secondly, I’d advise waiting until the port to iD has completed successfully, before you cancel your order. When you cancel your order in its cooling off period, a pay monthly plan is converted to PAYG, which then allows you can port your number to another provider.

Good luck @aldoH.   

Hi, many thanks for the reply.  That’s really helpful.  Just a couple more questions if you know…  How do I cancel the order rather than the contract?  I did use the chat bot online to try and find out but it was useless.  The app only seems to provide a cancel contract option.     

Also I am on a 30 day contract so it would only cost me £8 for the month which is almost better value than buying a PAYG add on to cover data before the number ports back.  If I cancelled the contract rather than cancelled the order then would I just get changed this £8 or do they charge me for 2 months?

anyway i will allow the number to port first then check it out for a few days before I make any decisions.  Thanks for the help.

thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @aldoH, if you’ve got a rolling 1-month SIM only plan, it’s probably easiest to ask iD for your PAC after the number you want to keep has been successfully transferred to iD, assuming you want to keep your number.

To find out your early termination fee, just send “INFO” to 85075 by SMS.

To chat to an agent, type “talk to a person” after connecting to live chat, to avoid the chat-bot.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @aldoH,

As advised above, if you have a port scheduled to complete it may be best to wait for this to first prorcess before cancelling.

In your case, as you’re within the returns period, we can process a return on the system which will convert your account to PAYG.

If you still want to keep the number after this point, you’re free to get a PAC code and use this to switch as the contract itself would have already been marked as returned by this point.

If you do want help with this, just let us know here and we can send you a PM to pick this up.

Mohammed

Thank you for the help, my number has now transferred over. If I cancel the contract and change to PAYG then I would need some data/calls/text to cover me until I can transfer back to another network. The cheapest I could get seems to be £6. Yet my 30 day sim only contract itself is only £8 and offers much more data. It seems to make more sense to just request my PAC and transfer back out. Is there a way to check what I would be charged to do this? I am not sure if there is a minimum 30 days to start in which case it would cost £16 and not £8? Hope the question makes sense??! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you want to keep the mobile number that’s now linked to your iD SIM, then don’t cancel the iD contract @aldoH.

If you cancel your order within the cooling off period, your contract is converted to PAYG and you can request a PAC from iD, and transfer the number you want keep to your new provider. 

You’ll have to pay any line rental up to the point your iD contract becomes PAYG.

The other option is to send INFO to 85075 - you may need to provide some security details - to get information about termination charges, which would apply if you got and used a PAC. 

Good luck @aldoH

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @aldoH ,

Welcome to the Community!

If you require any further assistance from us, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?