Question

DPD delivery problems

Userlevel 1

Has anybody else had problems with dad delivering their phone, it’s should of come Saturday, waiting in then at 6pm said they would deliver yesterday Sunday but not heard anything from them since Sat. I’m not getting bill for first month payment and not even got the phone yet, annoying 😡😡

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Julie Johnstone,

Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried speaking to DPD?

I suspect it’s different for each area based on the number of deliveries they have outstanding in their depots.

I personally haven’t had any issues with DPD in my area with multiple companies and usually get the same driver too.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried to ring Dpd and it’s the same answer machine message that’s says the same message to everybody, sorry your parcel is delayed we will contact you when it’s out for delivery. I also can’t contact immobile as they are sending messages to the new phone number which I haven’t received 😫😫

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Julie Johnstone, DPD seem to have several ways of getting in-touch: 

iD Mobile don’t provide a telephone support helpline anymore - the best ways of speaking to iD are via their online live chat, through Facebook Messenger, or by sending a Twitter DM. 

The iD support teams work until 8pm weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve tried to ring Dpd and it’s the same answer machine message that’s says the same message to everybody, sorry your parcel is delayed we will contact you when it’s out for delivery. I also can’t contact immobile as they are sending messages to the new phone number which I haven’t received 😫😫

Hey @Julie Johnstone,

Sorry to hear that.

I’d recommend trying one of the above methods to speak to DPD to see if they can update you on the order.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Did you manage to sort out this issue? I'm in the same boat today. It was at local depot at 8.50am and said I'd have a delivery window by 11am but nothing. It now just says at hebburn depot and delivery today has been removed. So now don't have a delivery estimation at all. I've waited in all day for this parcel and worried it isn't gonna arrive now. Plus I'm back at work tomorrow 

Userlevel 1

I was exactly the same, been 20 days now still not got it, DPD are useless. I managed to get a chat with IDmobile today on messenger and they have escalated it to DPD, so fingers crossed I might get somewhere. But it’s a poor do, paying for something and not even got it yet, annoying

Userlevel 1

I was exactly the same, been 20 days now still not got it, DPD are useless. I managed to get a chat with IDmobile today on messenger and they have escalated it to DPD, so fingers crossed I might get somewhere. But it’s a poor do, paying for something and not even got it yet, annoying

Have you had any estimated delivery date at all or is it just saying at local depot? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Looloo23,

Have you managed to speak to DPD regarding this?

For @Julie Johnstone if it’s been escalated to DPD we’d wait for them to conclude an investigation on their end.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey @Looloo23,

For @Julie Johnstone if it’s been escalated to DPD we’d wait for them to conclude an investigation on their end.

Mohammed

Yes I'm sorted thankyou. Item has been delivered today 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Looloo23,

For @Julie Johnstone if it’s been escalated to DPD we’d wait for them to conclude an investigation on their end.

Mohammed

Yes I'm sorted thankyou. Item has been delivered today 

Pleased to hear @Looloo23, 😁

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Looloo23. @andewhite  Hi, I'm having issues as my phone was missing from my DPD delivery but frustratingly DPD have rejected the investigation, and I don't know what to do.

Apparently (according to stay at my local Currys) in my area there have been lots of cases of the same thing happening and I'm trying to build a case to contact the financial ombudsman, Trading Standards, Ofcom etc. It's been an incredibly stressful process but DPD are claiming they delivered the parcel in full and untampered, which simply can't be true as my phone wasn't delivered at all. How did you deal with your issues? Was your case rejected by DPD? 

​​​​I'm in Norfolk and my phone was meant to come 10.7.23, if either of those are similar to you please let me know as I'm trying to build a picture of anyone else in the same boat as be in order to make a formal complaint.

Userlevel 1

Hiya, 

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties with DPD. My parcel didn't arrive the day it was supposed too. They were apparently having issues with the amount of parcels and staff levels. However after a few days it turned up and I got notification the day it was being delivered. 

I hope you get sorted. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @CatherineR92, sorry to hear about your issues with DPD. 

In my area I’ve not had any problems with DPD deliveries, which have always arrived in their scheduled time slot. 

I believe @WelshPaul has suggested a course of action, which I hope proves successful.
🤞

Userlevel 1

@andewhite he definitely has been helpful and I intend to try and follow his advice tomorrow, however I am still looking for people who are/were in a similar boat to me, and unfortunately that seems like a far too easy. I'm hoping that by finding people who are in a similar to be that I might be able to learn from what they did. Also I'm hoping an ID employee may show me some understanding/next steps forward from here from their point of view. Eg do I need to pay for the next month's contract or is there anything I can do about that? I'm sure they'll move me out eventually 😉

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I believe you bought the item from www.carphonewarehouse.com, so it’s really an issue for them as their sub-contractor hasn’t delivered the item you ordered.

What do the Carphone Warehouse terms & conditions say about non delivery of an item. 

Perhaps you can speak to an investigative journalist about this issue - the prospect of bad publicity might cause Carphone Warehouse to give you a refund. 

Why iD Mobile?