Solved

I am being charged on a sim plan that i have never used and cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period

• 21 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I ordered a pay as you go sim and registered it, requesting a PAC code from my old provider the same day. Within half an hour of this i changed my mind and requested another PACĀ code and to cancel the ID mobileĀ  account. The old provider tried to use it but it didn't work so i requested another one online. The id mobile account was swapped back to my original provider. I have now been issued a bill for something that wasn't used and was cancelled prior to the 14 day cooling off period. I cannot seem to get in touch with a person from ID mobile to discuss his with??

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 23 January 2023, 14:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Kelly Marie White,

For PAYG plans, you purchase a bundle when you first join.

This is non-refundable but no further charges would be incured besides the purchased bundle.

Ā 

Do you mean you purchased a SIM only contract?

You are liable for any line rental from the point of connection until the return completes (this is regardless of usage).

This is on your final bill.

You wonā€™t have any furrther bills produced after the final bill.

Ā 

Mohammed

I note many people stating the same thing. I ordered a SIM and after it hadn't arrived by day 12 through much pain and suffering in the auto chatbot I cancelled my contract. At the time of cancellation - the SIM had never been delivered, the SIM hadn't been activated, an ID mobile account had not been created by myself as I did not know my mobile number. The chat that I have a copy of confirmed 1) contract and account cancelled and closed 2) that no charges were taken so no refund was necessary from ID mobile. I cancelled my direct debit and went with a more reputable and reliable provider. Yet now I'm getting threatening emails from ID mobile saying I owe the monthly payment for the SIM and that if I don't pay they will put it on my credit rating that I have defaulted payment. What an absolute scam of a company - charging for items that they don't deliver and services they do not provide! Completely going against the consumer act - as I have cancelled the item you are not allowed t randomly charge me. Will be reporting this scam company.Ā  Ā 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I note many people stating the same thing. I ordered a SIM and after it hadn't arrived by day 12 through much pain and suffering in the auto chatbot I cancelled my contract. At the time of cancellation - the SIM had never been delivered, the SIM hadn't been activated, an ID mobile account had not been created by myself as I did not know my mobile number. The chat that I have a copy of confirmed 1) contract and account cancelled and closed 2) that no charges were taken so no refund was necessary from ID mobile. I cancelled my direct debit and went with a more reputable and reliable provider. Yet now I'm getting threatening emails from ID mobile saying I owe the monthly payment for the SIM and that if I don't pay they will put it on my credit rating that I have defaulted payment. What an absolute scam of a company - charging for items that they don't deliver and services they do not provide! Completely going against the consumer act - as I have cancelled the item you are not allowed t randomly charge me. Will be reporting this scam company.Ā  Ā 

Unfortunately @DrB, iD Mobile send new customers an ACTIVATED SIM card and start billing from the date they dispatch your order.Ā Kindly let the community know if you manage to resolve the issue.

To avoid the 24/7 chatbot,Ā type ā€œtalk to a personā€ and youā€™ll get through to a Live ChatĀ adviser.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DrBĀ 

Ā 

iD Mobile billing begins upon dispatch, however if you cancel without having received your order, weā€™d be happy to clear any typically owed balance.

Ā 

Weā€™ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.Ā 

Ā 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ā€˜Private Messagesā€™.Ā 

Ā 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link:Ā https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overviewĀ Ā 

Ā 

Weā€™ll see you there.Ā 

Ā 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?