Solved

Missing phone from DPD delivery

Userlevel 2

Not sure if anyone from ID mobile monitors this but I need to speak someone urgently. I took delivery of a new phone today and when I opened the (sealed) box the phone itself was missing; it was delivered by DPD and it looks like the bag it came in was tampered with (not that I really notice because I wasn't;t expecting the box to be empty). Anyone got any ideas how I can speak to an actual human being and not the ChatBot?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 July 2023, 21:13

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just type “talk to a person” after connecting, to avoid the annoying iD live chat bot @Helenmiggs.

Your only problem now is iD Mobile customer service closes at 8pm on weekdays. 

You can leave them an out-of-hours message using Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM, which should be looked at before any iD staff get around to reading your post here.
🤞

Userlevel 2

Just type “talk to a person” after connecting, to avoid the annoying iD live chat bot @Helenmiggs.

Your only problem now is iD Mobile customer service closes at 8pm on weekdays. 

You can leave them an out-of-hours message using Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM, which should be looked at before any iD staff get around to reading your post here.
🤞

Thanks so much. I tried to avoid the chatbot but I was so close to 8pm I couldn’t get to a human. Will try your suggestions though. Thanks again… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Helenmiggs,

Best way is to get in contact as we'll need to raise an investigation to DPD.

When the handset is picked at the warehouse, we scan the weight of the parcel so are able to tell what this package was at picking.

Raising an investigation to DPD is going to be the next steps here.

If you still need help let us know.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Hello @Helenmiggs,

Best way is to get in contact as we'll need to raise an investigation to DPD.

When the handset is picked at the warehouse, we scan the weight of the parcel so are able to tell what this package was at picking.

Raising an investigation to DPD is going to be the next steps here.

If you still need help let us know.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed; I’ve been liaising with a colleague via Twitter and the investigation is underway.

My issue now is that it could take 10 days and I’m without a phone that I’ve paid for, through absolutely no fault of my own. I’ve been told there is nothing that can be done until the investigation is complete which seems incredibly unfair.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Helenmiggs

Glad to hear it’s picked up there.

If you have any concerns, you can respond to us directly there.

Our Team manage the Twitter contacts also so we’ll be able to continue discussion via that channel.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Helenmiggs Hi, out of interest am I allowed to find out which general region of the UK you live in? I had exactly the same problem as you with DPD, on exactly the same day, and DPD has rejected the investigation, but apparently (according to stay at my local Currys) in my area there have been lots of cases of the same thing happening and I'm trying to build a case to contact the financial ombudsman, Trading Standards, Ofcom etc. It's been an incredibly stressful process but DPD are claiming they delivered the parcel in full and untampered. I'm in Thetford, Norfolk, are you in the East Anglia area?

Userlevel 2

@Helenmiggs Hi, out of interest am I allowed to find out which general region of the UK you live in? I had exactly the same problem as you with DPD, on exactly the same day, and DPD has rejected the investigation, but apparently (according to stay at my local Currys) in my area there have been lots of cases of the same thing happening and I'm trying to build a case to contact the financial ombudsman, Trading Standards, Ofcom etc. It's been an incredibly stressful process but DPD are claiming they delivered the parcel in full and untampered. I'm in Thetford, Norfolk, are you in the East Anglia area?

Hi Catherine. I’m in Shropshire but it seems like we’ve had exactly the same experience. I’m still waiting for iD Mobile complaints team to contact me. iD Mobile have, so far, been absolutely appalling: contractually they are responsible because DPD is their contractor, not ours as the customer. Risk does not pass to us as the customer until we have physically received the product which we have not. It’s been two weeks now and we should not be having to argue the toss on this with iD Mobile. I would be very happy to join you in whatever way we can to escalate this. 

Userlevel 1

I'll try and get in touch with you tomorrow. You're not alone!

Userlevel 1

@Helenmiggs @CatherineR92 hello, was this ever resolved? I am now having the same problem, but instead of a phone I opened the parcel to find 2 packs of playing cards ( I expect because its the same weight ) I am waiting for DPD to investigate and I have put in a formal complaint to ID mobile and weighting for a call back as I'm still expected to pay!?

Userlevel 2

We ended up using the Communications Ombudsman service - absolutely fantastic, found in our favour, full refund and a bit of compensation.

iD mobile complaints procedure is useless. Less than useless, in fact. Appears to be deliberately designed to put you off and give up. DPD equally awful.

My advice is go to the ombudsman as early as you can (which will be when iD mobile try to blame DPD and DPD deny all knowledge). Unfortunately I think you have to exhaust this process first but check with the ombudsman - we found them to be really helpful.

https://www.commsombudsman.org/

Userlevel 1

@Helenmiggs thank you for a quick reply. Ok I shall try the communications ombudsman. 

Yes, both are completely useless! I feel this is going to be a long process.

Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 2

@Helenmiggs thank you for a quick reply. Ok I shall try the communications ombudsman. 

You’re very welcome - best of luck...and be patient, it’s worth it just to not let these clowns get away with it… Oh, and the other bit of advice we had was not to cancel any direct debits to iD mobile whilst this process is underway - which really stings but you don’t want your credit score affected as iD mobile will see it as a contract breach. We got it all back but hated giving them any money for a phone that we demonstrably didn’t have...

Userlevel 1

You’re very welcome - best of luck...and be patient, it’s worth it just to not let these clowns get away with it… Oh, and the other bit of advice we had was not to cancel any direct debits to iD mobile whilst this process is underway - which really stings but you don’t want your credit score affected as iD mobile will see it as a contract breach. We got it all back but hated giving them any money for a phone that we demonstrably didn’t have...

@Helenmiggs yes, thank you. I did get in touch with citizens advice and they said the same thing, my first thoughts were to cancel the direct debit but realise that would be a bad thing for me.

Do you mind me asking, did you have to stay with ID Mobile after it was sorted to finish the contract? After all this I really don't want to stay with them.

Userlevel 2

@Helenmiggs yes, thank you. I did get in touch with citizens advice and they said the same thing, my first thoughts were to cancel the direct debit but realise that would be a bad thing for me.

Do you mind me asking, did you have to stay with ID Mobile after it was sorted to finish the contract? After all this I really don't want to stay with them.

We absolutely did not stay with iD mobile - the settlement included contract cancellation, full refund of our payments, letter of apology from iD mobile and a compensation payment. We would NEVER use this lot again!

Userlevel 1

We absolutely did not stay with iD mobile - the settlement included contract cancellation, full refund of our payments, letter of apology from iD mobile and a compensation payment. We would NEVER use this lot again!

Oh thanks great news. Hopefully, with time, my case can be settled as good as yours turned out. Well done for sticking with it and getting the outcome you deserve. Thanks again for your advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Darren G & @Helenmiggs 

Sorry to hear this happened, if you’re already in contact with the iD Mobile complaints team please keep in contact with them, although the cases may be similar in nature, the outcome and situation is completely separate.

Cancelling your direct debit while payments are due may affect your credit score.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?