Solved

new phone has no sim card with it

• 22 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I have recently received my new phone frome idmobile but it has come with no sim card or paper work how do I go about getting sim card?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 22 November 2022, 11:17

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Mikeb7697, 

Welcome to the iD Community!

Did you upgrade with us, or was it a new purchase? 

If you upgraded, you simply need to pop your current SIM in your new phone and you’re good to go! 

If it’s a new plan, let me know and i’ll get one of the team to contact you to get a new SIM sent out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Mikeb7697, 

If you upgraded, you simply need to pop your current SIM in your new phone and you’re good to go! 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Are you sure @Nikhil P? - an upgrade SIM card is usually INACTIVE when dispatched, and requires activation by the customer. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Nikhil thanks for the reply the phone is a new contract and I have switched from 02

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Mikeb7697, 

In that case, sorry you didn’t receive a SIM with your new phone. One of the team will be in contact shortly to get a new one sent out to you. 

Thanks, 

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @andewhite, 

Sorry, I should have given you a heads up! We’ve now changed the upgrade process, whereby customers can choose whether they’d like a replacement SIM when processing an upgrade.

We found that 9 times out of 10 a replacement SIM isn’t actually required for an upgrade - the new plan is active on the customers current SIM within a matter of hours of completing the upgrade process online or with our sales team. An new ‘upgrade’ SIM is only needed if the current one is lost or stolen, or damaged. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @andewhite, 

Sorry, I should have given you a heads up! We’ve now changed the upgrade process, whereby customers can choose whether they’d like a replacement SIM when processing an upgrade.

…

An new ‘upgrade’ SIM is only needed if the current one is lost or stolen, or damaged. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Thanks for the update @Nikhil P.

Will a new ‘upgrade’ SIM be ACTIVE or INACTIVE when dispatched to the customer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Nikhil thanks for the reply the phone is a new contract and I have switched from 02

Hey @Mikeb7697,

I’ll get this one sorted for you! 😀

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @andewhite,

If a customer does request a replacement SIM the new SIM will be inactive, so will need activation as per the current process.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hi was wondering if any update on when I will receive new sim 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi was wondering if any update on when I will receive new sim 

iD normally use Royal Mail for delivery of their SIM cards, and iD say it takes 3-5 working days to be delivered, from the date of dispatch.

Good luck @Mikeb7697. 

Why iD Mobile?