Solved

Wrong phone delivered

• 9 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought an iPhone 14 but instead received an iPhone 12. Having raised this complaint with ID mobile they have checked the warehouse cctv which they said shows an iPhone 14 being packaged correctly. This leaves the delivery company at fault, however they have a photo of a parcel being delivered to me which is right but that was the iPhone 12. 

They have stated the complaint is now in deadlock and I will receive a final response in 10 days! 

The communication has been poor throughout this process, extremely slow. I feel at a loss as to what to do because it seems the weight of evidence they have is in their favour, how can I prove otherwise? 

I asked them to trace the serial number of the iPhone 12, of which they state is not in their system. Surely they can investigate this more by contacting Apple as they document all purchases against serial numbers. I suggested this but they do not agree this to be possible. 

I am very upset as I do not want to pay for an iPhone 14 when I only have a 12! 

It highlights the vulnerability of a customer to phone deliveries as I can’t think what else I could have done to avoid this situation, accept open the package in front of the delivery driver, how many of us do that! 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 13 January 2023, 16:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re still in the cooling-off period for your contract just arrange to return the iPhone, otherwise you might need to speak to the CEO’s office before you get the deadlock letter.

Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards should be able to give you the contact details.

Good luck @Carol Hillier
🤞🏻

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Was the iPhone 12 brand new and sealed in the box @Carol Hillier?

If it was, is it still sealed in the box?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you’re still in the cooling-off period for your contract just arrange to return the iPhone

This wouldn’t work as we’d need the handset sold on the system to be returned. Our investigation confirms the correct handset IMEI was picked and dispatched.

If we receive a different device/IMEI back to our Warehouse, this would simply be sent back to the customer.

otherwise you might need to speak to the CEO’s office before you get the deadlock letter.

This is also unlikely to change the outcome of the complaint as the issue surrounds a delivery which seems to have been investigaed from the above and reached a position of deadlock.

As the iPhone 12 isn’t one we have sold (verified by CCTV footage) our Warehouse have confirmed no issue on our end.

Based on the original comment, an investigation has been raised to DPD. 

DPD will have reviwed if there is evidence of the parcel being tampered with, which in the case above, has not been upheld hence the deadlock. 

The deadlock letter issued to you will provide you with the information you need to escalate this further if you don’t agree with the outcome provided so I’d recommend waiting for this.

@Carol Hillier, just out of curiousity,  did you receive an iPhone 12 in the iPhone 14 box or an iPhone 12 in it’s own packaging. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply Mohammed. I received the iPhone 12 inside an iPhone 12 box. I still have the packaging and following taking a closer look it does appear it could have been opened on a small section where the adhesive is and stuck back down again. I have attached a photo, you can see where I opened it by not using the adhesive strip but above that within the red circle looks like it has been tampered with. I also have a questions about the iPhone 14 IMEI which your team supplied me with yesterday after I requested this on a call. When carrying out a check on this device it states it has not been activated, not registered, no warranty and in the comments section it has noted ‘this phone has been acquired through fraud’. If this is the case, that statement which I believe is ID mobile reporting, should mean that my case has been upheld? Also why has the phone not been blacklisted as soon as I reported not receiving it? If it were to be black listed then it cannot be used and is rendered as having no value. Even further strengthening the case as to why would what I have reported not be correct? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Carol Hillier,

Without checking the account I can’t confirm specifics, but happy to get the device blacklisted if not already done.

When you say you did a “check” on the IMEI where did you get the information: ‘this phone has been acquired through fraud’

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Carol Hillier,

I believe this has now been picked up so we’re marking this one as resolved.

Mohammed

Hi Carol,

the same thing has happened to my partner. I would love to hear your experience with this and find out if you resolved this issue? I am creating a group of people that this has happened to, to try and get somewhere with it because as it stands ID are trying to say my partner is liable but we cannot contact DPD as we are not the sender.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Michael Wraight,

If your partner is able to get in touch with us, we can raise this further to DPD and investigate if not already done.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?