Question

Cut off mid call

I regularly cannot dial a number, getting the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”. It usually stops after a few tries, but is alarming- like most people I don’t have a landline. Sometimes I get no message, but no connection either. Yesterday mid call I got the message and was then cut off (after 45 mins, to a friend’s personal mobile). I have unlimited minutes and there was no (apparent) network problem. I was able to redial and it was fine. Please help.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bulgakov,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Is this a recent issue that you have experienced or has it been like this since you got your iD Mobile contract?

It doesn’t sound like a handset issue but just to eliminate it can you please test the SIM in a different handset?

Kash

Thanks for your response, unfortunately I only have one phone so can’t try the sim in a diffrent handset. It’s an intermittent problem which has gone on for a few years, but this is the first time I’ve been cut off mid call by the message.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like a glitch in the system(s) iD Mobile use (for billing purposes) to monitor a customer's minutes, texts and mobile data usage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bulgakov,

How often does the issue occur would you say?

If you have examples such as date, time, number and the error, let us know and we can check it out via PM.

Kash

Hi Kash

I sent a PM to you last week, did you get it?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bulgakov 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I am being cut off mid call on several occasions and it’s definitely from my end.  What is causing this - it’s happening alot and it is not always from the same location.

Hi @Bulgakov @Kash 

The most recent was this morning at 8.57 to 0343 210 1428

It happens on an almost daily basis

Hi 

I’ve been using this handset for over a year and I would say the last 3 weeks it’’s been like this.  I’ve just called 01932 722306.  The number rang and went silent and then I got a call failed message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lorraine Spagatner 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you able to try the SIM in another handset to see if it happens there too?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?