Question

Deactivated sim

• 20 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I upgraded to a monthly sim.keeping my id number. The new sim was sent to my address but that is in the UK. I am in Spain at the moment but I was told that my original sim would remain active and I could continue to use it. Now my original sim has been turned off. I need it reactivated 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @roverhowel, iD forum members can’t look at iD customer accounts. Perhaps better to use one of iD Mobile’s preferred channels for customer support:

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Send a private message with Facebook Messenger.
  • Send a DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @roverhowel 

Unfortunately a deactivated SIM card wouldn’t be able to be reactivated, if you are abroad you may need to have someone mail out the SIM card we’ve shipped to your UK address or await until you are back in the UK to use it, unfortunately we cannot send SIM cards abroad, sorry.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @roverhowel 

Unfortunately a deactivated SIM card wouldn’t be able to be reactivated, if you are abroad you may need to have someone mail out the SIM card we’ve shipped to your UK address or await until you are back in the UK to use it, unfortunately we cannot send SIM cards abroad, sorry.

Tom

Hey @Tom, don’t you need to be using the iD Mobile network, in the UK, in order to complete activation of a replacement SIM card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @andewhite 

I don’t believe it’s a necessity, ports can complete while abroad.

If a user wishes to stay on the safe side, it could be worth activating the SIM while it’s in the UK.

Tom 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite 

I don’t believe it’s a necessity, ports can complete while abroad.

If a user wishes to stay on the safe side, it could be worth activating the SIM while it’s in the UK.

Tom 

Okay, thanks @Tom

Okay, number ports can be completed while a customer is abroad - curious to know how would the ported number be linked to the customer’s iD SIM card while the SIM is overseas?

Elsewhere in this forum, iD advised customers need to be using the network in the UK for this to happen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @andewhite 

I wouldn’t know the technical in and outs, the iD Mobile SIM card may need to be first connected to a UK network, I can’t think of a time this has gone wrong however.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite 

I wouldn’t know the technical in and outs, the iD Mobile SIM card may need to be first connected to a UK network, I can’t think of a time this has gone wrong however.

Tom

Thanks for replying @Tom.

Why iD Mobile?