Question

Have I got a warranty on my phone?

• 28 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Have I got a warranty on my phone, the motherboard is broke, repair shop told me to check my warranty. 

Contract June 21 to June 23 

Deb

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The company that made your mobile phone provide the warranty.

Otherwise, you can pop into Currys or Carphone Warehouse to discuss a repair.

There’s more on this topic in the online “Mobile Phone Repair” community FAQ article.

Good luck @Debra Mckay

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have I got a warranty on my phone, the motherboard is broke, repair shop told me to check my warranty. 

Contract June 21 to June 23 

Deb

If you had a valid warranty and you took your phone to one of those unauthorised high street repair shops, you won't have a valid warranty anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Debra Mckay 

Most devices have at least a 1 year warranty, some devices will extend to 2 years, we’d recommend taking your device to your local Currys store for them to take a look into it and your options for a repair.

Tom

Userlevel 1

My phone is less than a year old and it has not been damaged by water or anything but my screen has went black and I can't see who is calling or anything what do I do? It has power and I van hear Google assistant but screen just states black so I can't see anything.

Userlevel 1

My phone is a Google pixel 6a and I got it from id mobile the screen is black but there is power still going to my phone and people are calling me but I can't see the screen so I can answer or text it just stays black and it is less that a year old?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Patricia Higgins,

Google handsets have a 24-month warranty if I recall so you can visit your local Currys store or reach out to Google directly for support.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello @Patricia Higgins,

Google handsets have a 24-month warranty if I recall so you can visit your local Currys store or reach out to Google directly for support.

Mohammed

Most helpful 

Why iD Mobile?