Solved

iMessage and Facetime will not activate

• 9 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have recently moved to ID mobile from O2 (around 5 days ago) my number has ported over as i can receive calls and SMS messages, however my phone number will not activate for FaceTime or iMessage. All it keeps saying is “An error occured during activation, try again” I have tried every single step that has been suggested online including the ones suggested by the ID community. I have even been into an Apple store for support but was told that the problem is ID mobile does not support FaceTime or iMessage according to their list of supported carriers but i believe that to be incorrect as many of my family members are on ID mobile and use iMessage and Facetime. I have even been back into carphone warehouse/currys for support but no-one seems interested. Please advise on what to do next as i am currently paying for something that i cannot use

icon

Best answer by Andros 9 April 2022, 11:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi joe. I moved to ID this week. Once I got the text from ID to say port complete all I had to do was go to settings, FaceTime and tap on the the temporary number and it changed to my ported number. Also you could try going into phone in settings and change the number and save. 
hope this helps 

Userlevel 1

Hi. I have tried to do this but as soon as i click on the number it says “An error occured during activation, try again” i have also changed the number in the settings 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Are you doing this while on the mobile network not Wi-Fi Joe ? 

Userlevel 1

Yes i have turned wifi and wifi calling off and tried it while on mobile data. Still says the same thing

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ah ok. I would contact Id on Twitter as I had to earlier this week as Wi-Fi calling wasn’t working on my iPhone 12 they were fairly quick to reply also could be an Apple issue if you’re getting data, calls and texts ok 

good luck

Hey @Joe_bfc98

Did you manage to fix this? I’m having the same issues since porting from EE yesterday

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Calum Chamberlain 

We’d recommend the following steps for iMessage issues;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)  

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)  

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.  

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number  

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)  

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"  

If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed, or possibly a full factory reset of the device.

If the above steps don’t help and you’ve had the confirmation text from us to say your number has definitely gone over we’d recommend contacting Apple for further support on their iMessage and FaceTime services.

Tom

Hi, 

i am having the same issue despite trying all the steps.

i have an iPhone 11 Pro double sim and my other sim connects to iMessage. It was working with my previous provider and since it works on the other sim it must be an iD issue.

again, I’ve tried all the steps. I am fully ported as well.

any idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Parwana Habibi 

Does the correct number show when you go to step 3 in the above instructions?

It could also be worth trying the following;

Update correct number  

* Go to Settings > Phone > My Number.

* Replace the temporary number you find there with your own number. use +44 instead of the first 0.

* Then tap Save. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?