Solved

iOS 14.7 Wifi Calling iPhone 11 Pro max

• 18 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I switched to iD last week from EE, but WiFi calling has only worked sporadically. It was fine this morning, then I went out to get some shopping and now it steadfastly refuses to turn on.

I have reset network settings, tried toggling WiFi calling in Settings, but to no avail.  I’ve even got airplane on, with WiFi on so I would expect it to connect but nothing happens.  WiFi is working fine all round the house.

Why is WiFi calling so hit and miss?  I could understand if it didn’t work, but it’ll just stop working randomnly.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 September 2021, 23:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @davidlan,

Are you using the same phone with iD that you used with EE?

Anyway iD will suggest upgrading to the latest iOS, which is 14.8, but you could also try restarting your phone as follows:

1) Power down your phone
2) Remove the SIM and clean the contacts
3) Wait 15 minutes, reinsert the SIM and power the phone back on.

If you’re still having issues, try performing a network reset.

iPhone

Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings

The network reset will delete all saved Wi-Fi networks from your phone, so you'll need to set these up again.

If this doesn’t fix the issue, try the SIM in a different handset, or try a different network SIM in your phone. This will help determine whether the issue lies with your phone or the SIM.

If all else fails, try contacting the iD Live Chat team and they should be able to help.

Good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @davidlan,

@HollieS recently had Wi-Fi Calling problems (described here), which were solved by:

1) Rechecking all settings on the phone
2) Rebooting the broadband router/Wi-Fi hub, while phone was in Wi-Fi Calling mode

Worth a try?
Might fix your problem too.

Anyway, good luck!

Userlevel 1

H​i @andewhite

Thank you sir, I did it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Great to hear @davidlan 

Thanks for the update.

Michelle

iD Mobile