Solved

Landline outbound calls failing

• 3 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Few strange things this week.

I have just realised that I cannot call landlines. I suspect that it may have been impacting incoming landline calls also for at least a week.

I have wifi calling enabled and tried airplane mode to force use of WiFi calling but calls disconnect on first ring.

I did also have a call on Monday from a stranger saying they had 2 missed calls from me on their mobile but I had no outgoing calls to them. 

Any idea what I can do to correct this?

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 3 March 2022, 17:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Nicola G,

Indeed that’s strange - you can call mobiles but not landlines?

Does your SIM work properly in another handset?

It could be a call routing issue, so I’d ask iD to look at the account.

I’d try the Live Chat service. Once you get connected type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 bot.

If live chat is unavailable, try sending a PM using one of their social media channels:

1. iD Mobile on facebook.
  2. iD Mobile on twitter.

It’s best to contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm, so you get through to someone in the customer service team; but if you don’t mind waiting, iD may respond to your post in due course.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 1

@andewhite many thanks. Calling mobiles is fine (and why I haven't noticed it before as rarely call landlines these days). It's also acting the same in my old phone. Will give live chat a go!

Userlevel 1

It's a network issue that's impacting more than just my phone. It's being investigated and should be resolved in 48 hours. 

Hope that helps anyone else searching with the same problem!

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Nicola G,

This issue should now be resolved.

If you’re still experiencing the issue, do let us know and we’ll raise it to our Tech Team. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Why iD Mobile?