Solved

Missing Pixel Buds with Pixel 7 Upgrade

• 22 August 2023
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I recently upgraded to Pixel 7 and should receive the Google Pixel Buds as a part of the deal. However I received the handset this afternoon but not the Pixel buds! I am not able to reach out to ID support in any way to check on this! Please advise...

icon

Best answer by 4imix 28 August 2023, 00:38

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Which offer are you referring to @ssatheesh1972?

Was it the “Google Pixel Buds Pro (Grey)”, or the “Google Pixel Buds A (Black)”, or an earlier offer?

Userlevel 1

It is the Google Pixel Buds Pro (Grey) that comes with the Pixel 7 upgrade deal @andewhite 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps iD Mobile forgot to include the offer items when they dispatched your Pixel 7 handset?

The iD telephone sales team might know more - you could try calling them on 020-7139-1397, during normal office hours. 
🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 1

Thank you - I couldn’t find any phone number that connects to a human being :-)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline - they’re a no frills outfit, and all their customer help & support is online only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ssatheesh1972,

Have you been in touch with anyone at all regarding this? Or did you still need help.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have exactly the same issue. On the chat to support, they first claimed I'd chosen a tariff without the buds offer, which is bull as there we no tariffs without it  Then they claimed it was only available on contracts at £26.99  and above, which is also bull as I showed them a link to the offer terms that in no way states this. Finally they claimed if ordered a pixel 7a, which again is Bull. I've now lodged a complaint as I would not have gone for this upgrade if it wasn't for the buds offer. They also offered me £20 which is laughable.  I'll update with how the complaint goes. I've left the phone unopened as I'll demand a cancellation if I don't get a satisfactory outcome 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Chat support are correct. The Buds are only free when purchasing a Pixel 7a on their £26.99 Unlimited Data/Mins/Texts plan. They were never free on all plans @4imix.

I do think iD Mobile are misleading their customers because the default plan their store selects is the £21.99 25GB Data / unlimited mins / unlimited texts, which doesn’t come with free buds. One wouldn’t know this unless they select “select another plan”. In my opinion, iD Mobile should default to the plan that includes any free gift and allow the customer to use the “select another plan” to change to a cheaper plan. After all, freebies usually come with higher plans.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It was a pixel 7, and chat support are not correct.

This is the treks and conditions of the offer

"..Step 1:
Purchase a Google Pixel 7 between 16/08/23 - 29/08/23 or whilst stocks last and receive a pair of Google Pixel Buds Pro (Grey) worth £164.99, at idmobile.co.uk only.

Step 2:
Google Pixel Buds Pro (Grey) will be dispatched with order. Offer is non-transferable, no cash alternative. If the purchase is returned the Google Pixel Pro (Grey) must also be returned. Subject to credit check and minimum term. 18+ only. Monthly price may increase in line with Consumer Price Index (CPI)+3.9%. Standard Network Terms and Conditions apply..."

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is incorrect. They are offered as free on all pixel 7 contracts taken between 16/8 - 29/8. You can still see the live offers in the store.

"Purchase a Google Pixel 7 between 16/08/23 - 29/08/23 or whilst stocks last and receive a pair of Google Pixel Buds Pro (Grey) worth £164.99, at idmobile.co.uk only."

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Can you please provide a link to the page that you screenshot?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

"Purchase a Google Pixel 7 between 16/08/23 - 29/08/23 or whilst stocks last and receive a pair of Google Pixel Buds Pro (Grey) worth £164.99, at idmobile.co.uk only."

You're missing the “Terms & conditions apply” part.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That just links to the standard network terms and conditions and says nothing about the buds offer

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/claim-your-offer

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can see the live offers here "

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/google-pixel-7?affiliate=Google|New%20LAUNCH%20-%20Brand%20-%20Google%20Pixel%207%20Range|Brand%20-%20Google%20Pixel%207&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6KunBhDxARIsAKFUGs8H4LItLvGmlwfvOXShTPcYhSmFYueUQdNadyv5Vzi_HhBE979PSqoaAnYiEALw_wcB

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It say’s “Purchase a Google Pixel 7”… You purchased a Google Pixel 7a.

I have just checked and indeed the buds are given away for free on all plans if purchasing a Google Pixel 7. The Google Pixel 7a and Google Pixel 7 Pro offer is only on a few selected plans.

EDIT: I just checked again, I’m sure it showed the buds as being free on all the plans when viewing “select another plan” against the Google Pixel 7 a few minutes ago. I must be tired!

Userlevel 1
Badge

No, I purchased a pixel 7, as did the OP. You might want to read my post again 😁

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ahh, apology's! I got caught out by the “ordered a pixel 7a”. It keeps catching my eye every time I look at the post lol

Userlevel 1
Badge

No worries, just to be clear, I ordered a pixel 7 128gb (obsidian) as an upgrade for £23.99 with free pixel buds pro (grey) and didn't receive the buds. Chat support made 3 different claims about my order then lodged a complaint for me 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I must have selected the 256GB variant of the Google Pixel 7 as the buds come free on all plans with that model. I just triple checked! So, if I check again in 5 minutes and it shows only select plans then something is defo amiss.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeah, it was *definitely* part of my order, I wouldn't have gone for it otherwise and ordered from the Google store, but this way worked out cheaper. Not so much if I now have to buy the buds!  (There's £100 off at the Google store -£499) 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I don’t like iD Mobiles online store, it’s confusing at times. Probably explains why a lot of people post issues here relating to extra lines instead of upgrades, duplicate orders and missing freebies. Anyway, hope you get a result. 🤞

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, I'll either get the buds or cancel the upgrade, either way suits me. 

Why iD Mobile?