Solved

No connection following port

• 20 August 2023
  • 55 replies

Show first post

55 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but Three UK are the iD Mobile network partner, so all iD mobile services run on the Three UK mobile network.

It seems odd things apparently progress at a snail’s pace if iD have asked Three for help & support.
🤔 

Userlevel 1

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but Three UK are the iD Mobile network partner, so all iD mobile services run on the Three UK mobile network.

It seems odd things apparently progress at a snail’s pace if iD have asked Three for help & support.
🤔 

Yeah.

I had a call from a lovely lady in the iD complaints team.  Confirming what I already knew that data was now working.  She personally verified in real time that my phone was not receiving calls whilst seeing that I was making outbound calls…

With the escalated complaint we are now at day 4.  After 5 working days they have their own escalation procedures to get this looked into at a higher level… Fingers crossed over the long weekend we get more progress before we hit day 5, but I also told her that if it’s not resolved by the end of next week I won’t have any alternatives but to look into return option (although she did say that I’d be able to end the contract early either way if they are not able to provide the service I paid for, I’d rather not have to get into another argument/battle on that front!)

What I did find surprising is that iD mobile have no direct line of communication with three, even at the complaints team.  It’s all done via emails etc… bizarre.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah.

What I did find surprising is that iD mobile have no direct line of communication with three, even at the complaints team.  It’s all done via emails etc… bizarre.

Bizarre indeed.
Perhaps that’s a reason for snail’s pace when something needs help & support from Three UK. 

Userlevel 1

Day 9.

Switch on phone, we have a data connection… and data works.

Still unable to receive calls, make and receive texts.  Update from iD - “it's been passed to Three UK to look into further as it may be something that needs to be corrected on their end.”

I’ve told them that I may be forced to give notice to terminate in my cooling off period if its not fully resolved...

Progress.  Slow...

Day 10.

My wife was able to call me… hurrah!  Still no text messaging :(

Strangely not only can I not send text messages, but when my wife tries to send a text message to me it also pops up with a failure message straight away.

Surely it won’t be much longer until everything is back in order...or will it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

I’d recommend keeping in contact with the team on Twitter about this so we can keep you updated there.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

I’d recommend keeping in contact with the team on Twitter about this so we can keep you updated there.

Tom

Day 14.  Still unable to send/receive text messages.   The update via the social media team was mind blowing.  Have I tried using another device.  Right up there with “is it only your contacts that are unable to reach you”.  If it wasn’t so horrifically bad I would be laughing.  6 days left to resolve this otherwise I’m regrettably going to be forced to leave under my 30 day returns window.

I sent the social media team a video showing my sim being unable to send text messages.  I then backed this up by showing them that my wife’s iD sim is also unable to send text messages to me (but is able to send text messages to other people).  I mean since my switch I’ve been unable to send calls, receive calls use my data - all because of iD/3 messing up the switch, but “have I tried another device”…. (yes the video I sent them was from the 4th device I’d tried along the way - the new flip5 that came with the contract that I had given my wife for her birthday present)….

Tom - if you have any influence in getting this escalated to senior management I’m imploring you to do so - I’ve been a happy iD mobile customer for 18 months+ before buying this separate contract, I don’t want to leave but I’m literally being given no alternatives as it stands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

I am also a part of the social media team, hence referring your to keep contact there. We will support you there as best we can, if you wish to return in your cooling off period, that is your choice.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

I am also a part of the social media team, hence referring your to keep contact there. We will support you there as best we can, if you wish to return in your cooling off period, that is your choice.

Tom

I realise it's my choice, but it's genuinely not one I want to take as I am an otherwise to this incident happy iD customer.…

Anyway Day 15.  Text messages sent and received.  Good grief... I'll await confirmation from the complaints team, but looks like we are finally resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

Glad to hear that’s sorted.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

Glad to hear that’s sorted.

Tom

Seems I spoke too soon.   I was waiting for the complaints team to get back in touch to wrap things up… radio silence.

My phone is unable to receive calls again (says my phone is switched off when it isn’t), however this time it is whilst I am roaming… my wife’s ID contract is able to receive calls without issue.

SMS fine whilst roaming though.  Complaint updated… Day 20...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

I’m sorry to hear that, please continue contact with the complaints team about this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro 

I’m sorry to hear that, please continue contact with the complaints team about this.

Tom

So another couple of days and the tech team ask me for examples of numbers that have tried to call me and times that it happened.  I provided this last week, and the update from the team today was to advise me that the numbers provided were from the same network and to see if phones from another network have the same problem.   The two numbers I provided were one from Vodafone and one from Three and also my wife from iD.  The lack of any sort of care and attention from the technical team to resolve this is mind-blowing.

I’ve given one last chance for the technical to resolve this week at which point it will be a full 28 days without service and I will then be escalating this to deadlock team to exit my contract.  I’m genuinely at a loss for words how shockingly bad this experience has been and the lack of any ownership from iD at any stage of the customer journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear that you still don’t have the ability to make calls and texts.

If you would like us to deal with this via the Community, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear that you still don’t have the ability to make calls and texts.

If you would like us to deal with this via the Community, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Hi Kash,

28 days and it’s still not working properly.  If anyone out there is able to add insight behind the scenes to resolve my issues then great.   The cliffs are:

1. Triangular port has gone very wrong
  2. I’m still experiencing some form of split port, specifically only when roaming

This issue has now been sent to CEO team today because since my last update nobody has done anything, and I’ve asked to be released from my contract at a discount equal to the cost of a 24 month unlimited sim which on the basis that iD are unable to provide the service I am not willing to pay for that portion.  If things can be resolved before I get an answer from CEO team great, but I don’t have much hope.  My journey is documented in this thread...feel free to read and DM me if you think you can assist.  Best regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

I’m very sorry to hear that it has taken this long.

Our CEO Team are the highest point of escalation and they will assist you further if your complaint is now with them.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a different outcome then what the CEO Team would provide.

However if you don’t hear from them, please let us know and we can send you a PM to check where the complaint is at.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

I’m very sorry to hear that it has taken this long.

Our CEO Team are the highest point of escalation and they will assist you further if your complaint is now with them.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a different outcome then what the CEO Team would provide.

However if you don’t hear from them, please let us know and we can send you a PM to check where the complaint is at.

Kash

Called after another 48 hours to see if there had been an update (because my phone doesn’t accept incoming calls….).   The “tech team” has now had 96 hours and done exactly nothing this week with an SLA of 48 hours.  Pathetic isn’t the word.   The sooner the CEO team takes a look at this shambles and lets me out of my contract the better.  18 months I had been a happy customer with no issues - unbelievable.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

A sorry tale @Ro-me-ro - it’s just incredible this even happens, and reaffirms my view of iD.

When everything works, iD Mobile are wonderful; however, if something does go wrong it can be incredibly frustrating and time-consuming rectifying matters for reasons unknown. 

Interesting that their online complaints code of practice says iD resolve most complaints within 7-days.

Userlevel 1

A sorry tale @Ro-me-ro - it’s just incredible this even happens, and reaffirms my view of iD.

When everything works, iD Mobile are wonderful; however, if something does go wrong it can be incredibly frustrating and time-consuming rectifying matters for reasons unknown. 

Interesting that their online complaints code of practice says iD resolve most complaints within 7-days.

Yeah, they have only reached out to me one time throughout this process, and aside from the first 4 days or so it has been an official complaint and certainly has not been resolved in 7 days nor has there been any urgency from the complaints team to take ownership to get this resolved.

I’ve asked CEO team to be released from my contract minus the website cost of a sim-only 24 month unlimited-everything contract.  Seems quite reasonable from my side under the circumstances, but lets see what they say… if they say no, I guess my only option would be to take the complaint to OFCOM?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately OFCOM wouldn’t look at a complaint - I think you’ll need to contact the communications ombudsman after 8-weeks, or a deadlock letter if that arrives beforehand.

Userlevel 1

I thought they encompassed the communications ombudsman.  Cheers for the info - hopefully won’t come to that, but I’ve said that at every step of the way so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

Please let us know if you would like an update and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

Kash

Sure, feel free to PM.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

Kash

Sure, feel free to PM.

The lack of any DM here is broadly similar to my current experiences with iD technical support.   It no longer appears to exist.

The CEO team told me ala Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - “YOU GET NOTHING!!” because the Tech team still have an open case and are trying to resolve this.   Whereas the tech team hasn’t been in touch for over 2 weeks, and even then it was to essentially call me a liar and to repeat steps I’d already done for them.  It’s clearly a high priority for them.

So sadly this matter is amazingly with the Ombudsman, because nobody at iD mobile gives enough of a **** about my issues to try and fix them.

I checked my bank statements for a part of my ombudsman complaint and I’d actually been a satisfied iD mobile customer since October 2020 until this issue destroyed that.

Even now my preferred outcome here remains a desire to have a working service with iD, just like my wife does sitting next to me, and I am disappointed beyond words at this whole sorry experience.

I’ll share the deadlock letter and outcome when this thing is over…

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

It sounds like it’s a file exchange delay and it can take some time.

Once the number is ported the team can look at raising a good will gesture for the delay.

Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long now.

If you require further assistance here, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ro-me-ro,

It sounds like it’s a file exchange delay and it can take some time.

Once the number is ported the team can look at raising a good will gesture for the delay.

Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long now.

If you require further assistance here, please let us know.

Kash

I’m not going to pretend to understand what a file exchange delay is, but after 2+ months of issues the last thing I want to hear is “it can take some time”.

After escalating to the ombudsman amazingly iD mobile decided to make me an offer (why they couldn’t do this without my needing to escalate, who knows).  Amazingly the offer made was factually incorrect with two different ways to interpret the offer.  I asked for it to be clarified, was told “yes it was a mistake” but that the better interpretation would be honoured.  

It wasn’t quite what I wanted, but not wanting to drag this out for another 6-8 weeks I accepted the offer and I will be porting my number away from iD mobile next week as to quote the CEO team, “we don't have a date of resolution for the issues you are facing.”

So after being a customer of iD mobile since October 2020, this is how the story ends.   Disappointing isn’t the word to be honest.

Farewell, and good luck to anyone else unfortunate enough to suffer the same fate as I.

Why iD Mobile?