Question

poor network

• 22 February 2024
  • 30 replies

Network issue; can’t even use data for browsing 

I have taken contract iPhone with ID mobile and there is no network for the sim everywhere. Still struggling more of the time to use data for browsing and some other times for calling as well. They says it’s 4G but am getting 2G. I can’t even cancel my contract because it’s been a month I purchased. So please anyone can tell me what to do.

30 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you checked the coverage checker to see what service is supposed to be in the areas you want to use it? https://www.three.co.uk/support/network-and-coverage/coverage

While I am buying the contract it shows to check the coverage area  and I checked it shows excellent on 4g network. Now am getting 2G speed with 4g network. 

As well as the customer support agent also couldn’t able to help me. Told me to wait for 3 days.. what I will do for my work. It’s their responsibility to help me to overcome the issue. They can’t even understand the situation and they just wanted to earn and make profit. Won’t recommend anyone this network. Going to complain against ID mobile

Do you have an issue like this , please tell me so we can go till court to get them down. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

While I am buying the contract it shows to check the coverage area  and I checked it shows excellent on 4g network. Now am getting 2G speed with 4g network. 

Unfortunately @Ahamed Shekeel, the iD Mobile online coverage checker only shows a prediction for the signal at any given location, which is based on computer models that make a number of assumptions.

The https://mastdata.com website has real-world coverage information for many UK locations.

In addition, your area my have a network fault or incident, which is affecting your services, @Ahamed Shekeel

Check for faults at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network-and-coverage/network-support.

It’s been a month am struggling with this network. I have experienced a lot.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The network is owned by Three, not iD, so done of your issues are our of their control. However they should be working with the network operator to get your issue resolved. They may also be able to offer compensation when there are outages.

It's is possible it's your phone or SIM? Have you tried anything to check these aren't the cause?

Hopefully someone from iD can let you know if they can escalate this.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s been a month am struggling with this network. I have experienced a lot.

Perhaps the iD Mobile mobile network is NOT the best network to use in the main area(s) you use your iD SIM card, @Ahamed Shekeel.

I bought it with contract with iPhone. Now one is helping me too. 

I want to get off from the network as son as possible l. Can you help me to… because it comes under phone contract 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Are you within the first 14 days of your contract?

No..it’s been 1 month 

They told me to bought a new SIM card and reactivate. It’s all took more days. Who knows this will be disappointing sim network at all

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I want to get off from the network as soon as possible l. Can you help me to… because it comes under phone contract 

I’m just a forum member like you @Ahamed Shekeel.

If you’ve agreed a 24-month minimum term contract with iD Mobile, alas you’ll have to pay an early termination charge, should you end your contract during the minimum term.

Perhaps, when iD Mobile’s network partner (Three UK) turn off their 3G mobile network infrastructure, your mobile data experience will improve.

The 3G network is expected to be turned-off by end of 2024.

Userlevel 3
Badge

There are only a few reasons you can cancel your contract. See https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mobiles/how-to-cancel-phone-contract/&ved=2ahUKEwi8gP3bhL-EAxUL_rsIHQdwDOgQFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3DGWAeWnNS4_viUextmcXU

How we will use the network till that time 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Leaving during the minimum term is a grey area, @Toby Field

The iD terms & conditions (like all UK service providers) have numerous caveats regarding quality & reliability of their services. 

So what to do now ..I saw the terms 

I have issue with sim network not phone. Phone it’s okay for me..I want cancel my sim network and want to move to another network. They charged for phone and sim network for 24 months. I don’t want to lose the 24 month payment for the sim I have paid through installment 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unless iD Mobile offer you a goodwill gesture, you’ll have to pay the early termination charge, in full, if you want to move to another network, @Ahamed Shekeel

Text “INFO” to 85075 to see your early termination charge, so you decide whether to switch to another network. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

The iD terms & conditions (like all UK service providers) have numerous caveats regarding quality & reliability of their services. 

Leaving with the first 14 days is your legal right. Everything else is down to the provider.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Leaving with the first 14 days is your legal right. Everything else is down to the provider.

Sorry - yes, absolutely @Toby Field

There’s always an option to return the order item(s) during the cooling off period - and it’s 30-days for online purchases.

I guess in this case the cooling off period has expired.

Tomorrow is the last day…it will be 30th day tomorrow. I bought it from carphone warehouse. I don’t want the network , I need the phone ….can I do like that. Is it possible to swap to another network with charging the ID network 

Userlevel 3
Badge

You only have 14 days if you bought it from Currys

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/returns-174/how-do-i-cancel-or-return-my-order-45154

Best speak to someone from iD to see if they can help further

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Tomorrow is the last day…it will be 30th day tomorrow. I bought it from carphone warehouse. I don’t want the network , I need the phone ….can I do like that. Is it possible to swap to another network with charging the ID network 

You’d need to contact Carphone Warehouse (CPW) directly, @Ahamed Shekeel

Unfortunately, the cooling-off period for purchases from CPW is only 14-days.

Why iD Mobile?