Solved

Ported Number from Vodafone to IDmobile - SMS not working

Userlevel 1

I have recently swapped my service from VOdafone to IDmobile. New phone and new SIM but ported my old number across. SMS is not functioning correctly. I can send texts from my new mobile/SIM but the replies are going to my old phone/SIM. I have tried all of the advice regards turning imessage off and restarting phone, resetting network. None of it has worked. My issue is going to be with verification codes and OTP. I have tried to use the chat service but as soon as i enter my number it says “there is an issue with the service”. This is so frustrating!! I cant get any further.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 November 2022, 17:45

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 1

Well the situation hasnt changed. I have heard nothing from IDmobile support team despite opening two technical event tickets (325851590 & 325917753).

GH

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well the situation hasnt changed. I have heard nothing from IDmobile support team despite opening two technical event tickets (325851590 & 325917753).

GH

I think you have proved it is not an iD problem using your wife’s phone.

iD don’t support RCS, which is needed for full functionality in “Chat features”.

I would say you’re more likely to get this resolved through Google support.

Good luck @Gary Harrison.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Gary Harrison,

It does take some time and it varies.

You can try speaking to Google directly to see if they can speed things up?

It actually took me around 4 months for RCS messaging features to start working magically itself on a previous network.

Hopefully this is done much sooner. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Still not receiving SMS texts from android users. Some of them have been important. Terrible service wish i had never swapped from Vodafone. Cant for the life of me see why this is a problem or cannot be solved by the carriers. Imagine if the wider internet carriers refused to carry one type of IP packet because it didnt suit. No contact from IDmoboile technical services despite many reassurances that I would be hearing from “the technical team”.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve still got your ‘old’ Vodafone handset and it’s not network locked to Vodafone you could try:

1. Popping your iD SIM into your ‘old’ Vodafone handset.
  2. Open the Android Messages app and disable the “Chat features” option.
  3. Restart the device to check “Chat features” is still disabled.

Hopefully Google’s servers will recognise your ‘old’ device is no longer registered for “Chat features”.

See online at https://messages.google.com/disable-chat.

Good luck @Gary Harrison.

Userlevel 1

Have put SIM in old phone on several occasions and chat features definitely off. Have also been to the web page and had several codes generated to verify its my number that i want to be removed from RCS. These codes never turn up on my old android phone with the new SIM in it. Google support for this is also non existent and difficult to find.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Support from Google is problematic.

Maybe the Messages community online at https://support.google.com/messages/community?hl=en can provide a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Have put SIM in old phone on several occasions and chat features definitely off. Have also been to the web page and had several codes generated to verify its my number that i want to be removed from RCS. These codes never turn up on my old android phone with the new SIM in it. Google support for this is also non existent and difficult to find.

Hey @Gary Harrison,

We can check to see if there is any issue related to routing but it does sound like the issue is down to Chat Features as opposed to routing since you’re only impacted from receiving texts from Android users.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

To tidy up this issue: - it has taken until the last couple of days to be sure that I am now getting all SMS messages from android users. It has taken over a month before my number was “deregistered” from chat features. I used both methods of turning it off from my old phone and the web page detailed earlier in the topic.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

To tidy up this issue: - it has taken until the last couple of days to be sure that I am now getting all SMS messages from android users. It has taken over a month before my number was “deregistered” from chat features. I used both methods of turning it off from my old phone and the web page detailed earlier in the topic.

Wow, Google don’t do things in a hurry do they.
Pity their online instructions, for disabling Messages app “Chat features” option, don’t provide guidance on how long to wait before it takes effect.

Why iD Mobile?