Question

why isnt my new SIM working yet?

• 29 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Upgrade phone arrived yesterday with new SIM.

I was advised to activate it and did so, but I still have no service 14 hours later 

can someone help?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark Welsh 

Have you tried both the new SIM and the previous SIM you’ve used to see if either work?

If you activate the SIM via the iD Mobile app the new SIM should be active and the old one deactivated.

Tom

Bear in mind that once you have activated the SIM, it will only be actioned the next working day, as it was a Bank holiday weekend it may take longer than usual to start working.

Had the same problem the service is shite. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Gerard

If you’re having the same issue, we tend to recommend trying the old SIM to see if this is still activated, as this is more often than not the case.

-Lauren

I wanted to keep my old phone number and so sent for a new SIM card. I activated it on Friday and was told that the new SIM would be working today, Monday.

My mobile connection has now been lost so i inserted then ew SIM card. However my phone still has “No Service”

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I wanted to keep my old phone number and so sent for a new SIM card. I activated it on Friday and was told that the new SIM would be working today, Monday.

My mobile connection has now been lost so i inserted then ew SIM card. However my phone still has “No Service”

iD say that number transfers take place between 8am and 10pm on the transfer date @TimKnox

Sometimes there can be an interval of several hours or more between the old provider’s SIM becoming inactive and before the number you want to keep works with your iD SIM.

Transfers from Lyca Mobile are being delayed at the moment, because they’re recovering from a cyber incident.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TimKnox,

Please let us know how you get on with your port.

If you are still waiting for it to process, please let us know and we can PM you to look into it.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?