Solved

Will a data add on extend my contract time?

• 21 August 2022
  • 8 replies

I have a monthly contract that ends on Tuesday 23rd Aug but have 40gb left.  If I buy a weeks data add on will the 40gb carry forward?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 August 2022, 13:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Chris1854, what makes you think you contract ends on 23-Aug-2022?

Even if your contract does end on 23-Aug-2022, iD won’t cancel your contract.

Your iD contract will continue as a rolling monthly contract - with its current allowances - until you cancel, change or upgrade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris1854 

The contract you have currently will still continue after the 23rd unless you have cancelled it!

If your plan is due to end no monthly add on would extend it.

Tom

Thanks Tom - most helpful

It says in the app on my profile that my contract comes to an end on 23rd August - but I think I now see that this is not quite true as I haven’t cancelled it.  The app is a bit confusing to say the least

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It says in the app on my profile that my contract comes to an end on 23rd August - but I think I now see that this is not quite true as I haven’t cancelled it.  The app is a bit confusing to say the least

Yeah @Chris1854 be warned, you’ll carry on paying whatever the monthly payment was for your 24-month contract, until you change or upgrade your current plan.

If you do decide to stay with iD, make sure you are signed-in if you go-ahead and change or upgrade your plan.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks And - If you cancel and it takes 30 days presumably you still have data for that period?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, your iD plan’s allowances continue during the notice period.

My own preference is to cancel using a STAC or PAC, because your iD contract is cancelled as soon as you give the PAC or STAC to your new mobile network provider.

If you want to keep the iD mobile number, get a PAC.

If you don’t want to keep the iD mobile number, get a STAC.

You’ll get a refund for any unused allowance as well.

If you’re thinking of leaving, I’d suggest reading the following two iD community articles first:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancelling-an-id-mobile-plan-109/how-do-i-cancel-my-id-mobile-contract-43727

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancelling-an-id-mobile-plan-109/leaving-id-mobile-don-t-cancel-your-direct-debit-29523

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris1854 

I’d follow everything @andewhite says there!

Although it’s worth nothing that when cancelling with a PAC or STAC the iD contract isn’t cancelled as soon as the code is given, it’s cancelled as soon as your new provider uses it and in the case of the PAC, as soon as the port finishes!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?