Skip to main content
Solved

Cant make or receive calls

• 25 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I  have installed second esim as the first one I couldn’t make or receive calls. The same happened with my second. I had a physical sim here so deleted esim and installed physical sim. I then had the problem that I would not load at all, so no connection at all. Customer services as this stage were no help so escalated it to the tech department who i have not heard from at all. So for 8 days I’ve not had calls in or out, Thank god for Whatsapp but only when I have wifi in the house, today I’ve got esim installed again with the same problem no calls but at least when I leave the house I have 4g. I am awaiting a physical sim to arrive to see it that one works. Anyone had this problem please

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Kathryn Kiely Layland, welcome to Community!

We’re very sorry to hear that you’re having all these issues with us. 

We hope that the physical SIM is able to help, and you can activate it yourself below here:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/activate-sim-outside

Please keep in touch with the teams you’re already discussing this with, or if you’d like, we can send you a PM here.

Is the issue only with calls, or do you have issues with texts and data also?

Thanks,

Tyler

I’m hoping it’s fixed. My granddaughter tried to FaceTime me she said wasn’t connecting. I said I would try. On doing so it asked for my Apple ID but I had never logged out so don’t know why. I put that in and FaceTime her. She also then that I was FaceTime via my email. On checking in setting under my FT pic there is only had email ticked  not number. I unticked email and ticked phone number. So far so good. I have no idea how this might affect in and outgoing calls but since doing all that it worked. It’s worth you guys knowing incase it happens to anyone else 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Kathryn Kiely Layland 

Glad to hear that’s sorted.

Tom