Delay in Porting

Userlevel 1

Have been reading about so many number porting issues, seems to be a bit of a lottery, as my wife and son have had no problems so far. I should have had my Vodafone number ported to iD yesterday and even though my Vodafone number and account has disconnected, porting has yet to happen. Contacted various live chat agents yesterday (got cut off twice) who after suggesting it was a PAC issue with Vodafone, later admitted there was a “porting issue!!” found on my account and that Technical team would expedite my problem but take up to 48hrs to resolve. I did lodge a formal complaint last night which takes up to 7 working days to be looked into! My question is has everyone had their porting issue resolved eventually or should I be considering the fact that my old number is lost forever and I will have the laborious task of informing everyone I have contact with of a phone number change.

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Most porting issues appear to be resolved (eventually), @Worried. The number you wanted to keep shouldn’t be lost, it’s just not operational on the iD Mobile network yet.

Assuming you’ve got email acknowledgement of port-in request, from iD, @Worried?

Unfortunately, one of the issues with the iD community seems to be the person submitting the original post, hardly ever goes on to update the topic with the outcome. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response. I’ll make sure to make updates.

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Worried, we’re very sorry to hear about your port-in delay, and we appreciate this isn’t ideal at all.

From my personal experience, I have always seen a port delay resolved, no matter how long that’s been. Of course, we hope that this issue is resolved extremely quickly for yourself.

If you have raised this via live-chat and they have raised this with our technical team, then that’s definitely the correct process to follow, and 48 hours is the usual time for our teams to hear back from our technical team when they’re investigating for you. If you’ve raised a complaint with our complaints team directly, then they of course will in touch with yourself directly as soon as there’s updates on this also.

You can also call them yourself on 0800 049 2402 for updates.

I hope it’s resolved shortly, but if not, please do keep us updated.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You haven’t lost your number @Worried, but the 48-hour turn around time given is very optimistic. At best, one usually has to wait 72 hours for a failed port to be resolved. This is because iD Mobile has to communicate with your old provider (this isn't normally done in real time) and wait for them to send over any missing or corrupt porting files and/or update routing tables.

Userlevel 1

You haven’t lost your number @Worried, but the 48-hour turn around time given is very optimistic. At best, one usually has to wait 72 hours for a failed port to be resolved. This is because iD Mobile has to communicate with your old provider (this isn't normally done in real time) and wait for them to send over any missing or corrupt porting files and/or update routing tables.

You are right about timescale, live-chat last night confirmed that after 48hrs, no action had started yet so re-escalated my case with tech team. As you mentioned what they need to do, I’ll just have to be patient. Very frustrating though!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I should have added that the porting teams don’t work on weekends either. Never port a number over on a Thursday or Friday. If you do, and you experience a split port, then you risk being without service for a minimum of five days.

It took Vodafone three weeks to fix my split port. It wasn’t Vodafone’s fault, the network I left had a major outage and couldn’t complete port in/out requests for weeks. Number porting in the UK sucks at times!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Worried,

I hope you managed to get this sorted via Live Chat.

If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can assist you further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Worried,

I hope you managed to get this sorted via Live Chat.

If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can assist you further.

Kash

Hi Kath

Live-chat have done what they can, but, as of Friday evening, Technical Team had yet to even start looking into the problems concerning the porting of my old number. So still waiting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Worried,

It can take 72 hours for an update on some occasions.

If you still don’t have an update please get back to us and we can take a look into it for you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Have been reading about so many number porting issues, seems to be a bit of a lottery, as my wife and son have had no problems so far. I should have had my Vodafone number ported to iD yesterday and even though my Vodafone number and account has disconnected, porting has yet to happen. Contacted various live chat agents yesterday (got cut off twice) who after suggesting it was a PAC issue with Vodafone, later admitted there was a “porting issue!!” found on my account and that Technical team would expedite my problem but take up to 48hrs to resolve. I did lodge a formal complaint last night which takes up to 7 working days to be looked into! My question is has everyone had their porting issue resolved eventually or should I be considering the fact that my old number is lost forever and I will have the laborious task of informing everyone I have contact with of a phone number change.

Porting happened last week and 2 SIM cards later, I can make calls but not receive calls or texts. Many hours on chat on 3 occasions, going round and round in circles trying all kind of fixes to no success. Today I gave ultimatum on the complaints line that I was going to leave, but also gave one last chance by suggesting they check for split port or some other porting issue (which no one seemed to want to do before). It’s like I have to do all the work my end rechecking and resetting my phone and my other devices more than once and no actual investigation happening their end!! Will most probably end up switching to another provider but if there are on going porting issues I will have to give up my old number.

Userlevel 1

Porting happened last week and 2 SIM cards later, I can make calls but not receive calls or texts. Many hours on chat on 3 occasions, going round and round in circles trying all kind of fixes to no success. Today I gave ultimatum on the complaints line that I was going to leave, but also gave one last chance by suggesting they check for split port or some other porting issue (which no one seemed to want to do before). It’s like I have to do all the work my end rechecking and resetting my phone and my other devices more than once and no actual investigation happening their end!! Will most probably end up switching to another provider but if there are on going porting issues I will have to give up my old number.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Worried, I can only apologize for the continued issues you’re experiencing as a result of your number port. From what you’ve described, the number has transferred over, but there are some routing issues which means that you can’t receive calls or texts.

In these instances, this is typically escalated up to 3 UK to resolve. However, if you chose to do so, you still should be able to transfer your number out to another network.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

I have gotten nowhere trying to resolve my issues. Signing up with a different provider is the best solution. If you have no issues with your iD account, then it is very good value but if you do need a problem solving then iD is a nightmare and total waste of time. Literally hours wasted on Live-chat and complaints line going round in circles trying the same ‘fixes’ then being escalated to Tech Team four times to come back to the same  place again!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Worried,

I’m sorry to hear about the issues that you have experienced.

Please let me know if there is anything that you require assistance with and we can PM you.

However if a complaint has already been raised they will be the best team to assist you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?