Question

I'm feeling completely lost!

I registered with iD Mobile last night as the Plusnet Sim-only mobile service is very sadly closing and iD Mobile is a Which Best Buy, but I now feel completely lost! I have questions to ask about my new account, but I can’t phone anyone or contact anyone via Twitter or the app and now feel abandoned. I set up a direct debit and requested my PAC from Plusnet, but now feel stranded as I don’t know what happens next. I would feel more confident if I could at least access my account or an app, but neither of them are currently available… I am beginning to wonder whether I should have opted for one of the Big Names in the industry, but iD Mobile looked like what I was looking for. I read that there is lots of online support available, but I’ve yet to find it!

Can someone please reassure me that I will be supported and will eventually have an account to access as I currently feel that I might have made a mistake? Thank you!

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The customer service at iD Mobile is provided via their online Live Chat service, @CJGOUGH5.

To chat with a customer adviser, visit https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

FYI, the advisers work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

To avoid the 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person” in the chat message box. 

This is the message I received when I tried to access the link. I’ve seen this come up twice now. I feel like I’m never going to get anywhere with this!

I don’t see myself as a security threat about to subject the website to an online attack! I’m just a regular person trying to connect to someone in the team, but perhaps I’ll try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Alas @CJGOUGH5, the iD Mobile iD app and iD account online services are currently OFFLINE. 

I’m able to access the iD Live Chat service using a web browser on my desktop PC. 

Otherwise, try contacting the iD support team from the iD Mobile social media pages, using Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter). 

I tried X earlier and didn’t have any luck there. I had read that there would be support via their Social Media platforms, so I was initially hopeful, but I’m determined to persevere, so I’ll explore your suggestions. Thanks so much!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps worth noting iD don’t work in real-time on Facebook Messenger, nor X - sometimes it takes an hour or two before an iD adviser will respond.

The main thing is iD customer service advisers stop work at 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends), everywhere. 

Userlevel 3

Hey there @CJGOUGH5, welcome to Community, and thank you for your support @andewhite!

We really appreciate you taking the time to reach out and express your concerns with us, and we hope we can help with those concerns now. We do indeed have many ways that our customers can get in contact with our great teams, across all formats.

Firstly, we are available from 8am-8pm through our socials on weekdays, and 9am-5:30pm on weekends, on both Facebook and Twitter, where you can pick up the conversation with us whenever you like. Please note, we have experience extreme volumes across social media over recent weeks due to the new app release, so it’s a lot busier there than usual, so we apologise for the slightly longer replies than we’d usual achieve, but still always happy to help here.

We are also available through our live-chat, and our live-chat team are available 9am-8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Additionally, we have our Community pages (which you’ve found), which has many interesting and helpful topics and discussions where we can assist our customers further, and these topics are created by both ourselves and our customers, and also where you can receive assistance from both us, and other customers.

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/

We also have our vulnerable customers phone-line, which we have for customers who class themselves as vulnerable, and always happy to support further here. You can find the phone number via the link below if this applies to yourself.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/accessibility

We’re always here to support our customers, so please never hesitate to reach out if you need support.

Finally, in terms of the app, this was recently released, and we have had a few issues with the release I’m afraid, and our app teams have been working on resolving these as soon as possible. However, the good news is that for registered customers, you should be able to login now on the app and website. Additionally, unregistered customers should now be able to register and login via our web-page (not on the app just yet).

Thank you for your patience with us.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Hi Tyler, thank you for your reply. I eventually managed to engage with someone from the live-chat team, once I’d got past the chat bots… However they weren’t able to help as the information I provided didn’t match the information they had about me on the system, and they weren’t allowed to divulge the information that was incorrect. They requested a screenshot of the paperwork I’d received, but I had to take photos of several sheets of paper, email it to myself, download the photos as files then upload them to the live-chat. This all took a while as I was using my PC and they kept threatening to end the chat, despite me keeping them informed about my progress. Just as I was ready to upload the documents, the server disconnected. I have therefore had to accept that iD Mobile isn’t for me as I’m never going to get anywhere with my application. I set up a direct debit during my application, although it hasn’t appeared in my bank account, so I presume it never went through properly. It’s a shame as I was very keen on the company and the product, which suited my needs, but it looks like I won’t be able to resolve the issue as there is an incomplete and inaccurate application with conflicting information on your system, through no fault of my own as I completed the application process with ease. 

Many thanks 

Claire

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CJGOUGH5 

I’m sorry to hear this, did you get given an iD Mobile number via email?

Are you sure you have an active account?

Tom

No, I didn’t receive a number via email, but I hadn’t really expected to as I had requested to keep my own number. I really wanted to join iD Mobile as it looked perfect for me, but it wasn’t to be. I still don’t know what went wrong. I downloaded and printed my contract from the website, but it wasn’t emailed to me. I tried to upload it to Live-chat as I mentioned, the connection was lost so I gave up. 

Many thanks for your response. 

Claire

I don’t think I have an active account. 

Claire

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CJGOUGH5,

Did you receive any confirmation emails?

It sounds like the order hasn’t processed successfully.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?