Solved

Incorrect number showing

• 15 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi can anyone help I have a pac code and can call using this number. However on the device info on my iPhone it is showing the old ID mobile number. It’s causing all txt to show as undelivered can anyone advise how to remove and replace with my actual number. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 February 2022, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Dontela,

Have you tried the following sequence?

1. Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages) and turn OFF FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  2. Turn OFF your iPhone - leave it OFF for at least 10 minutes.
  3. Turn ON your iPhone.
  4. Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT and confirm the correct mobile number is shown. If it's not correct, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".
  5. Turn ON iMessage (Settings > Messages) and turn ON FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  6. Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed against “Start new conversations from:” - if not select the correct number.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I’ll give it a whirl thanks so much !

Userlevel 1

Hello andewhite. 

thank you so much it worked…

I’ve tried this with the same problem and this fix doesn’t work. Any other ideas?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve tried this with the same problem and this fix doesn’t work. Any other ideas?

Are you using an iPhone?

Yes it’s an iPhone and managed to fix by re-settting network settings.

Now just need iMessage to recognise this number is correctly on my phone and still getting error message re it not being associated with this phone!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Pgdphd23, if iMessage is still not picking-up your ported number then try this:

1. Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email, and check the correct number is displayed under “CONTACTABLE AT”.
    If it's not shown there, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".
  2. Tap Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, and check if the correct number is displayed under “START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM” - if not select the correct number.

Many thanks for your suggestions. Everything is all as you suggest, but I’ve still got an iMessage and FaceTime error message saying that because the number isn’t associated with the phone it will stop working in 15 days time!

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Pgdphd23,

Does Setting > Phone > My Number have your correct phone number?

Does Setting > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email show the correct information in “CONTACTABLE AT”?

There should be:

• An email address, which is your “Apple ID”.
  • And the correct phone number shown for “iMessage & FaceTime number”

If these values are all correct you could try:

1. Sign Out from Apple.
  2. After you sign-out, turn your phone off for at least 15 minutes.
  3. Sign-in at https://applieid.apple.com at check everything looks right in your Apple account.
  4. Turn you phone on.

Hopefully everything will be fixed, otherwise Apple may be able to assist.
Visit https://support.apple.com/en-gb for your support options. try the Apple Support , then turn  that

Why iD Mobile?