Solved

Not receiving calls after transferring number

• 24 February 2023
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

Up until Wednesday 22nd I was receiving calls and text messages on my iPhone 12 with new SIM card received. I transferred over my old number and had confirmation this was done via the id mobile app. Now I am not receiving any calls or text messages. I have done all the turning off / on, removing and cleaning sim, turning flight mode on/off to no avail! Help what is going on?

icon

Best answer by Wes Brown 28 February 2023, 14:36

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Possibly a split port - meaning the number transfer hasn’t worked properly

What do you see in the following?

Settings > Phone - My Number

Can you make calls and send texts @Wes Brown

Anyway, it’s 100% iD Mobile’s responsibility to put this right. It could take a while though, especially via the iD community. The iD moderators only check-in once a day to read posts et cetera - sometimes less frequently. 

Userlevel 1

The number I see is the number sent with SIM card which is not the number which is ported i.e. my old number. Now my SIM card is locked!! Very frustrating…

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve setup your “My iD Account” online, do you see the transferred number in your iD account @Wes Brown?

If your iD Mobile SIM card is locked, you’ll need your PUK code to unlock it - anyway, good luck @Wes Brown.  

Userlevel 1

I have now had the SIM card unlocked but still not receiving any calls or text messages, very bizarre; any ideas?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It could be a split port - meaning your number transfer has gone wrong!

Anyway, it’s 100% iD Mobile’s responsibility to put this right.

Putting this right through the iD community will be a slow & tedious process, because the iD moderators only check-in here once a day (sometimes less frequently), to read posts, private messages, et cetera.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Wes Brown,

What date of competion were you given for the number to switch over?

On the day it’s switching over you will have issues with receiving calls/texts as it’s processing.

Once completed though, you should have services restored following a restart.

Are you still having issues?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response but alas I have decided to leave id mobile, not being able to receive calls or text messages for nearly a week was unacceptable to me; I am awaiting my PAC code. I have missed appointments, interviews etc due to this situation, it would seem the company cannot handle a simple transfer as the live chat agents seem clueless; I spent countless hours going back and forth to no avail.. I should be receiving the PAC code by COB today as advised…

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Wes Brown,

I’m sorry to hear that.

If you do need help with getting a PAC code, we can get this for you.

It’s a shame we weren’t able to get this resolved to satisfaction for you.

Mohammed

Hi, I am having the exact same issues as Wes has stated in his original post I can’t receive any texts or calls after porting my old number to my new iD mobile contract, I have tried everything posted in these forums to try and fix the issue but nothing has worked, can I get some help with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dylan Jackson 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you able to send SMS texts and calls out?

Have you tried the SIM in another device to see if the issue persists?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issues after transferring my number. This is obviously a common issue. Can someone please help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kason 

Please could you details the issues exactly that you’re having?

I see your other post mentioning being unable to receive calls, are you having issues receiving calls from all numbers or just some?

How are calls outbound?

Tom

I am having the same issue. My daughter has switched networks using her old number. It has worked fine until this week. She is now unable to receive any calls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @OanaGavril 

I’m sorry to hear this, have they ported into iD Mobile from Lyca Mobile or EE?

There is currently an issue with iD Mobile users who moved from Lyca/EE with receiving calls, our teams are looking into this however unfortunately don’t have a fix date at the moment.

Tom

Hi @Tom ,

Has this problem been resolved yet? I’m having a lot of trouble receiving calls, and I came from EE.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Tom ,

Has this problem been resolved yet? I’m having a lot of trouble receiving calls, and I came from EE.

Thanks.

Hi @Caspian Causer. If this issue crops up after the number has been transferred, it typically means that your number isn’t reflecting correctly in your phone settings. This may need to be updated. 

What’s the make and model of the phone that you’re using? 

-Lauren

Hi @Tom ,

Thanks.

Hi @Caspian Causer. If this issue crops up after the number has been transferred, it typically means that your number isn’t reflecting correctly in your phone settings. This may need to be updated. 

What’s the make and model of the phone that you’re using? 

-Lauren

Hi @Lauren ,

I changed it again in settings (and have since restarted it) and gave it plenty of time to check if it improved. It hasn’t, sadly. Just yesterday, I rang it from my own landline, and my landline said ‘the person you’re trying to call is on another line’ (I obviously wasn’t).

Can you advise?

The make/model is Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Caspian Causer,

It may be worth trying the SIM in a different handset to see if that improves things.

However we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?