Question

Porting across to ID planned for tomorrow 🥴

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have provided my PAC number and am supposed to be ported to ID tomorrow (13th Feb). 
Having put the new sim in a spare phone it shows No Sim. Tried 3 other handsets still No Sim. 
I googled and have seen the chaos that’s been ensuing this weekend and I now want to change my mind!

The customer service seems atrocious and I was only coming to ID for the roaming. I can’t be on such an unreliable network as I need my phone for my job. 

How do I cancel the porting and stay with my current provider for now?

LIVE CHAT doesn’t work 😡 and I really can’t find any way of contacting customer service. All my order emails etc are No reply addresses so I have no idea of what to do!

Thanks to anyone that has a solution or maybe an agent can contact me URGENTLY. 

5 replies

Userlevel 4

@Jo beckford  You can try calling the sale line during regular office hour's.

sales number is 020-7139-1397

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

I also have a porting problem but mine is worse! They took the number from my old provider and have not put it onto my account. So i can’t change my mind and i’m stuck! My number i also use for work has been down for days now!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I have provided my PAC number and am supposed to be ported to ID tomorrow (13th Feb). 
Having put the new sim in a spare phone it shows No Sim. Tried 3 other handsets still No Sim. 
I googled and have seen the chaos that’s been ensuing this weekend and I now want to change my mind!

The customer service seems atrocious and I was only coming to ID for the roaming. I can’t be on such an unreliable network as I need my phone for my job. 

How do I cancel the porting and stay with my current provider for now?

LIVE CHAT doesn’t work 😡 and I really can’t find any way of contacting customer service. All my order emails etc are No reply addresses so I have no idea of what to do!

Thanks to anyone that has a solution or maybe an agent can contact me URGENTLY. 

Sounds like your new iD SIM card is faulty or not been activated, @Jo beckford

You might need to get a replacement iD SIM card. To change your mind, you’ll need to return your order in the cooling off period. 

Unfortunately, iD customer service is online only via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger, or X DM. The advisors work until 8pm on weekdays.   

FYI, nothing happens quickly or urgently in the iD community, @Jo beckford

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Bobby168, we’re very sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your port. 

When you say “They took the number from my old provider and have not put it onto my account. So i can’t change my mind”, can you explain further what you mean by this please?

Is the port-in still pending, or been delayed, or where is it at currently please?

If you would like us to look into this further for you, we’d be more than happy to drop you a PM if you’re still having issues, so please do let us know.

Furthermore, @Jo beckford, thank you for creating this thread, and I have just now replied to two of your threads/replies now, and I hope I was happy to help, so if you require further assistance, do get back to us on one of those two.

Kind regards

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?