Solved

Primary or Business

Userlevel 1

New to ID Mobile with an eSim. Now I have 2 options: primary and business. I cannot make a call using primary. I cannot add my number to business. I can get no help from ID Mobile. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Matthew T 11 June 2024, 13:28

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Forum members like us can’t look at customers accounts, nor their iD network profiles, @Big Col.

The primary support channel at iD Mobile is online at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays - the iD chatbot works 24/7.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

New to ID Mobile with an eSim. Now I have 2 options: primary and business. I cannot make a call using primary. I cannot add my number to business. I can get no help from ID Mobile. Any ideas?

Morning @Big Col,

Being presented with the options of Primary and Business suggests you may have a second SIM card or eSIM installed on your phone. Is that the case? If so, and you don’t intend on having two Mobile Numbers, remove the SIM card or delete the other eSIM profile.

I’d suggest trying a Network Settings Reset then restarting your phone, but please bare in mind this will disconnect you from previous Wi-Fi networks, so you will need to reconnect to those as well.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I haven’t removed the previous physical SIM card from the phone. Could that be the reason?

Userlevel 1

Forum members like us can’t look at customers accounts, nor their iD network profiles, @Big Col.

The primary support channel at iD Mobile is online at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays - the iD chatbot works 24/7.

I tried the live-chat feature three times. Each time I spent ages trying to get to ask my question as for some reason the detailed security check wouldn’t work. Then I struggled to make my issue clear. Then on  two occasions the chat just ‘ended’ and the third time I gave up the will to live!

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

I tried the live-chat feature three times. Each time I spent ages trying to get to ask my question as for some reason the detailed security check wouldn’t work. Then I struggled to make my issue clear. Then on  two occasions the chat just ‘ended’ and the third time I gave up the will to live!

Okay @Big Col, maybe tell the chatbot you want to “talk to a person”.

Otherwise, perhaps try sending iD a private message using Facebook Messenger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I haven’t removed the previous physical SIM card from the phone. Could that be the reason?

If that second SIM card doesn’t have any mobile number associated with it, then yes, it could be causing issues. I’d try removing it, see if it fixes things!

Userlevel 1

If that second SIM card doesn’t have any mobile number associated with it, then yes, it could be causing issues. I’d try removing it, see if it fixes things!

Yes that seems to have done the trick. Thanks Matthew. So if you are an ID Mobile employee, how come us new customers are not directed at people like you when we have a problem. In my three live-chat experiences nobody mentioned your suggested solution!!! I can’t understand why a mobile phone company believes that live-chat is the best way to support its customers!

Userlevel 1

Okay @Big Col, maybe tell the chatbot you want to “talk to a person”.

I tried using X/twitter direct messaging but the delays between comments were even longer!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

I tried using X/twitter direct messaging but the delays between comments were even longer!!!

Unfortunately neither social media channel is real-time, @Big Col.

Live Chat is supposed to be real-time, but introducing eSIM plans and changes to self-serve iD app and “My iD Account” services at around the same time, seems to have overwhelmed support team.

In addition, there seems to be unexpected problems as a result of (Three UK) 3G shutdown in the Midlands area.

Userlevel 1

Live Chat is supposed to be real-time, but introducing eSIM plans and changes to self-serve iD app and “My iD Account” services at around the same time, seems to have overwhelmed support team.

In addition, there seems to be unexpected problems as a result of (Three UK) 3G shutdown in the Midlands area.

What a shame. I joined ID Mobile because of the offer in last week’s Money Saving Expert email - I now realise that I’d be happier paying a little more to get a good level of customer support. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

What a shame. I joined ID Mobile because of the offer in last week’s Money Saving Expert email - I now realise that I’d be happier paying a little more to get a good level of customer support. Thanks for your help.

You’re probably still within the cooling-off period of your iD contract, @Big Col

Just get a returns number and you’ll be free to leave for another provider - hopefully with better customer support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes that seems to have done the trick. Thanks Matthew. So if you are an ID Mobile employee, how come us new customers are not directed at people like you when we have a problem. In my three live-chat experiences nobody mentioned your suggested solution!!! I can’t understand why a mobile phone company believes that live-chat is the best way to support its customers!

Hey @Big Col. We have various support channels for our customers. I’ve fed back your issue and the simple resolution to our Customer Services team, so they can better help customers down the line. If you have any issues moving forward, feel free to use the Community again, or send me a Private Message!

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

I have just switched to an esim and on reading this have removed the physical sim but I can’t make calls and it doesn’t ring when I call myself either. What’s going on?

Userlevel 1

I have just switched to an esim and on reading this have removed the physical sim but I can’t make calls and it doesn’t ring when I call myself either. What’s going on?

Just read somewhere else that I need to turn off the phone and restart. It worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just read somewhere else that I need to turn off the phone and restart. It worked!

Glad it worked! If you need any more help let us know!

Userlevel 1

Oh dear I spoke too soon. can’t seem to access mobile data. I have a signal, the phone works, but not connecting to data. Any clues?

Userlevel 1

Weird. I checked again and now it’s working. Maybe it took a while to kick in?

Userlevel 1

Oh dear I spoke too soon. can’t seem to access mobile data. I have a signal, the phone works, but not connecting to data. Any clues?

Mobile data has not been great for me since switching to ID Mobile - both at home and away. Never been with Three before - maybe that’s the issue?

Userlevel 1

Mobile data has not been great for me since switching to ID Mobile - both at home and away. Never been with Three before - maybe that’s the issue?

Struggling right now but I have 3 bars of 4G?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Big Col,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues.

Can you advise if you have checked the coverage and network status in the area?

Also have you tested the SIM in a different handset and a replacement SIM card?

Kash