Solved

Switch from O2 using PAC code not working

• 20 December 2022
  • 16 replies

I’ve entered my PAC code from O2 last Friday and received a text from iD saying my old number would switch on Monday.  It’s now Tuesday and this hasn’t happened and now neither my old number (that I want to keep) nor the new number that iD supplied work in my phone. If the switch of my old number has failed, how do I get this resolved?

icon

Best answer by Tom 20 December 2022, 14:53

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unless you submitted your PAC to iD before 17:30 last Friday, your number port would’ve been scheduled for today.

It seems like your number is being ported today, given your O2 SIM in now inactive.

Number porting never happens instantly @1steveharrison - when I joined iD and ported my number to iD, I was without service for ~5 hours between the previous provider disabling my old SIM, and my number becoming active on my iD SIM.

My port completed around 3pm - good luck @1steveharrison.

You can use iD live chat for immediate assistance - iD’s agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @1steveharrison 

On Friday did you process your port before or after 17:30?

As mentioned above by @andewhite if it was before it should’ve been done on Monday, if it was after 17:30 then it’s likely to be done today.

Ports can take between 8am and 10pm so we’d recommend allowing this time.

If you’re still having issues with the port and it definitely should’ve ported please let us know here or the Live Chat as @andewhite mentions above!

Tom

I put my PAC code through well before 17.30 on Friday 16 December and got an automated text message from iD at 14.39 telling me my old number will be switched on Monday 19 December between 8am and 10pm.  This didn’t happen.  Can you confirm that my number will be switched today please and if it won’t be switched, please let me know if I need to do anything.  At the moment my phone is useless as neither my old nor new number work.

Thank you

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I put my PAC code through well before 17.30 on Friday 16 December and got an automated text message from iD at 14.39 telling me my old number will be switched on Monday 19 December between 8am and 10pm.  This didn’t happen.  Can you confirm that my number will be switched today please and if it won’t be switched, please let me know if I need to do anything.  At the moment my phone is useless as neither my old nor new number work.

Thank you

Okay @1steveharrison, don’t hang around waiting for a solution in this forum.

Use the iD live chat service for immediate assistance - the iD’s agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Not sure when your O2 SIM was deactivated - but if it stopped working yesterday that could indicate your number port has gone WRONG.

Type “talk to a person” after connecting for a live chat - this’ll bypass the iD Mobile 24/7 chat-bot.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @1steveharrison 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

It’s nearly a day since I last heard from you and I’ve sent 4 replies to your ‘Private Message’, but no one has responded.

Can someone from iD Customer Support please help me?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should use the iD live chat service for immediate assistance @1steveharrison - the iD’s agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

The primary iD Mobile support channels are online live chat, and social media (Facebook and Twitter). 

This forum’s iD moderators don’t necessarily read posts, nor private messages on a daily basis. The iD community is really intended as a user forum where iD users try and help one another.

Good luck @1steveharrison

I can’t log into live chat - neither my old number that I’m trying to port over nor my new iD mobile number work. Switching to iD is a complete nightmare - please can someone help me????

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should’ve received your customer service PIN by email @1steveharrison. That’s all you need for live chat, but you can be authenticated other ways.

If you can’t use the live chat service, try the iD social media channels (Facebook and Twitter). 

This forum’s iD moderators don’t always the read posts, nor private messages on a daily basis. The iD community is really intended as a user forum where iD users try and help one another.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@1steveharrison,

I hope that you have managed to get your query resolved.

However if you require further assistance, please let us know here.

Kash

I’ve been able to log into live chat, but my problem has still not been resolved yet - it’s been referred to the iD technical team

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@1steveharrison,

We can look into this here via PM and keep an eye out for any updates from the team.

Alternatively you can drop the Live Chat Team a message again in a few days for an update.

Let us know which you prefer.

Kash

I’ve been able to log into live chat, but my problem has still not been resolved yet - it’s been referred to the iD technical team

Was this ever resolved for you? Thinking of switching to ID from o2 too but seeing a lot of issues…

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @cap_dz,

Welcome to the Community!

We are here to help if you have any issues, so please give us a shout.

Kash

Hi @cap_dz,

Welcome to the Community!

We are here to help if you have any issues, so please give us a shout.

Kash

Hi, I assume you work for mobile ID? I’d like to know wether this customers issue was ever resolved as mentioned before I’m looking to move myself from o2 to ID but I’ve see a lotttttt of issues with people not being able to switch their numbers and frankly no resolution from yourselves that I can see in these “conversations”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @cap_dz 

We did manage to get this port correctly over and resolve the issue, the port form can be used to port a number over as longer as all the correct information is given, coming from any other network with a PAC code.

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

Tom

Why iD Mobile?