Solved

transferring from Vodafone

• 20 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve taken out a contract with iD mobile at Currys Braehead using my old number and was given a new iD mobile sim (with new number) and when trying to get my PAC from Vodafone via the text service I’m getting a reply from iD with a PAC code and an amount I would need to pay If I activate the code with other provider.

Can anyone assist with why this is happening and the message to leave isn’t from Vodafone?

icon

Best answer by davidagwelsh 22 December 2022, 13:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve now been given a pac code by Vodafone over the telephone but getting message “We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.” even though all details are correct.

God, am I regretting moving to iD mobile with no decent way to speak to customer service team!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You need to use your Vodafone SIM card in your handset to get the PAC from Vodafone.

Do not use the iD SIM card in your handset when you text “PAC” to 65075.

Good luck @davidagwelsh

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

God, am I regretting moving to iD mobile with no decent way to speak to customer service team!

Okay @davidagwelsh, there’s no telephone helpline at iD Mobile - all their help & support is online.

The iD community is not the primary support route for iD Mobile.

Maybe stick with Vodafone, if you’re regretting your iD purchase. 
If you’re within your cooling-off period, just return your item(s) and stay with Vodafone.

Userlevel 1

I realised that andewhite so got the correct PAC from vodafone but now getting error message about my submitted info, although it is all correct. thank you for your assistance.

Unfortunately, due to issues I’ve had with Currys I will be out of my cool down period.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Contact the iD Mobile support team on live chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - ask an iD agent for assistance.

The agents work until 8pm weekdays.
To avoid the 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person” after connecting - good luck @davidagwelsh

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @davidagwelsh 

Are you using the port form and getting that error?

Please double check to make sure all the information inputted into the port form is correct and that the transaction number you are using begins with a 4.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this so we can get in touch.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Tom, I believe the issue still lies with Currys/Carphone Warehouse after getting to chat to an iD Mobile member live.

I will be back in touch if I get no joy after visiting the store tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your assistance today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@davidagwelsh,

Please let us know how you get on and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi all, thank you for the assistance so far. The issue is with Currys/Carphone Warehouse so will pop back onto my thread once they've activated the line (not sure why it wasn't active the minute I signed the contract) and seek help transferring if required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @davidagwelsh,

Connections for click & collect/store orders are usually done when the collection is made/phone handed to you. 

Sounds like the connection failed.

If you do need help further, just give us a shout here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?