Solved

eSIM in Q2 2024

Userlevel 1

It’s been a few years now since Three have officially had eSIMS, unfortunately due to my unique situation where I get a “free” 100mb, 100 mins and 100 texts, with RWG Mobile, I need an eSIM because that RWG mobile one is physical 

will eSIM come this year? I really want to try Theee

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 21 March 2024, 17:23

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Prinz Protato

Great question! eSIM is on our roadmap, and we hope to have it rolled out very soon. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the honest reply! I am looking forward to it 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Prinz Protato

Great question! eSIM is on our roadmap, and we hope to have it rolled out very soon. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

I do hope very soon is weeks rather than years

Userlevel 1

Hey @Prinz Protato

Thanks,

Nikhil

Been speaking to Live Chat. They mentioned the 15 April is when eSIM goes live. 

Userlevel 3

Hey @Prinz Protato

Thanks,

Nikhil

Fascinating, if you don’t mind me asking, when did they tell you that? When did you speak with Live Chat?

Userlevel 1

Hey @Prinz Protato

Thanks,

Nikhil

Fascinating, if you don’t mind me asking, when did they tell you that? When did you speak with Live Chat?

It was a bit over a week ago; 6 April.

Userlevel 3

Hey @Prinz Protato

Thanks,

Nikhil

Interesting, thank you so much! Really looking forward to it considering the 15th is tomorrow. Have a very nice day! :-)

Userlevel 1

Hey @Prinz Protato

Thanks,

Nikhil

Interesting, thank you so much! Really looking forward to it considering the 15th is tomorrow. Have a very nice day! :-)

Not a problem! (:

I’m in a similar position to the OP of this post. Wanting to try out the Three network here in West Yorkshire but talkmobile don’t do eSIM.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can’t wait now till Monday!!

They did even mention 2024 can’t be a mistake!!

Userlevel 1

I popped into an ID mobile place on Sat 13th April and was told esims would be available from this Wed 17th so hoping that's right. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Question now is where on the id mobile site would we go to find the eSIM stuff when it’s released. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Chris-net, @Jaybcee, @chigz @tgets0v

eSIM will be launching soon! 

The launch date the Sales & Retention team have been sharing, isn’t correct - I’ve fed this back to the team. 

I’ll let you know as soon as it’s launched! 😊

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hey @Chris-net@Jaybcee@chigz @tgets0v

The launch date the Sales & Retention team have been sharing, isn’t correct - I’ve fed this back to the team. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hahah I had a feeling it was too good to be true. 

I can wait anyhow. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Chris-net@Jaybcee@chigz @tgets0v

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hi @Nikhil P 

i see some help pages up re eSIM but don’t see how to get an eSIM, I’ve looked through the app and not seeing anything eSIM related

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/getting-started-with-your-id-mobile-plan-152/how-do-i-activate-or-delete-my-esim-54900?

is it still not released yet?

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Chris-net, @Prinz Protato, @chigz,

eSIMs are now available on iD 🤗

If you’re still in-contract and would like to replace your existing physical SIM  card with an eSIM, you can contact our Live Chat team, and they’ll issue you with a replacement eSIM. The eSIM will be sent to you via email shortly after your request. 

You can find more info here:

If you’re planning on upgrading or purchasing a new plan, eSIMs are currently available on all SIM Only plans and the iPhone 15 range - we’ll be expanding the number of Pay Monthly plans that offer eSIM over the coming months.  

Please note, eSIMs on iD Mobile are currently not compatible with tablets, laptops and wearables. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Nikhil P 

thanks for confirmation 

live chat looks broken, keeps saying it can’t connect me and to check community. 

tried across different computers and browsers 

is there a known issue with live chat today?

Userlevel 1
Badge

live chat now working & after being accused of not being the account holder because the agent aledgedly put a wrong number in on their end, I now have an eSIM on my phone.

Why iD Mobile?