Solved

cancelling my contract

• 24 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I have paid the remaining balance of the contract, I pressed on the ‘Switch or Cancel now’ section and it texted me saying ‘ If you choose to end your plan today, your estimated final bill will be £0.00. Does this mean I am now free to change providers and I own the phone and sim or do I need to do something else?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 January 2023, 00:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You keep the phone when you cancel your iD contract, and pay the outstanding balance.

If you want to keep your existing mobile number, get a PAC from iD and give that to your new provider.

When you give a PAC to another provider, they will arrange to close your iD account. When your iD account is closed, the iD SIM card will be deactivated and become unusable.

Good luck @AugustaAsiedu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AugustaAsiedu,

Looks like @andewhite has answered this. If you need any support in cancelling your account, please let us know here.

Mohammed

Hello,

I cannot cancel (easily) although Mohammed looks to be very helpful within the chat. If there are some tips as to how to cancel, it would be appreciated as logging on via my account, I simply get an error message (surprise surprise!!) when I try to reach the cancel section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Simon Williamson,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?