Solved

moving from ID to 3 mobile 1 - can i leave early as 3 is the parent company?

• 15 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Sorry if that didn’t make sense. I’m moving to 3 mobile, I know 3 is the parent company of ID so can I leave early and keep my number all the same or is it the same as moving to any new provider that I’ll need to wait until my contract ends and have a PAC code etc? Thanks :)

icon

Best answer by Rory 15 August 2022, 16:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Sorry if that didn’t make sense. I’m moving to 3 mobile, I know 3 is the parent company of ID so can I leave early and keep my number all the same or is it the same as moving to any new provider that I’ll need to wait until my contract ends and have a PAC code etc? Thanks :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Three is not the parent company of iD Mobile.

Currys is iD Mobile’s parent - the only link being iD use the Three UK mobile network.

Text INFO to 85075 to see how much it will cost you to leave iD before your contract has finished.

To move your mobile number from iD to Three, get a PAC from iD Mobile and give that PAC to Three.

To get your PAC from iD, text PAC to 65075 from the handset with your iD SIM card.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Bronagh Wylie, while we do use Three’s network infrastructure, we’re a totally separate company, so you’ll need to treat it as if you were leaving for any other network.

That is to say, if you request and use your PAC now, you can transfer your number to Three, but you’ll be charged the remainder of your contract in a lump sum, also known as the early termination fee.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Three is not the parent company of iD Mobile.

Currys is iD Mobile’s parent - the only link being iD use the Three UK mobile network.

Text INFO to 85075 to see how much it will cost you to leave iD before your contract has finished.

To move your mobile number from iD to Three, get a PAC from iD Mobile and give that PAC to Three.

To get your PAC from iD, text PAC to 65075 from the handset with your iD SIM card.

Anyway, good luck.

My bad! Thanks! 

Why iD Mobile?