Solved

unused sim card

I have received a sim card over a year ago, I never registered it but I have been paying the monthly contract charge. It was my intention to use the card, but at the time of receiving the card, major issues arose that I had to deal with which took over my time. I forgot I had the sim card until receiving this  n e.mail yesterday. I cannot find the sim card, I have lost it. Can I cancel the monthly payments that I am making  and cancel the card please?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 2 February 2021, 12:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @phillcheet 

We’ll send you a private message now so that we can help you get any SIM you’re no longer in need of with us cancelled.

If you could respond there, we’ll get that sorted for you.

Thanks

Hi there,

where do I find the private message, I need to cancel this asap, I have never used the sim, and I have paid for it for  well over a year now

Kind regards    Phill

Please note I am unable to log into my account, as I do not have the phone number. The sim has been lost

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @phillcheet 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Hi, I have a similar problem. I mistakenly bought a sim card but don’t know how to cancel the contract. I don’t want to use it so have not set up an account. I have multiple other accounts for family members which is how i logged on to send this message. Please can you let me know how to get this sorted. Many thanks, Andy

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I have a similar problem. I mistakenly bought a sim card but don’t know how to cancel the contract. I don’t want to use it so have not set up an account. I have multiple other accounts for family members which is how i logged on to send this message. Please can you let me know how to get this sorted. Many thanks, Andy

There’s an iD telephone number for cancellations and payments, which is 0800 049 0250.

It’s an automated system so you’ll need to know the mobile number of the iD Mobile account you want to cancel.

Anyway, good luck @phillcheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Andy 513,

If you still need help cancelling, please let us know here.

We can send a PM to you.

Mohammed

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I haven't sorted the problem and I don't know what to do.

Any help appreciated. 

Andy

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I haven't sorted the problem and I don't know what to do.

Any help appreciated. 

Andy

Okay @Andy 513, in my experience customer support from iD Mobile’s social media team works best.

Contact them privately using facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM (direct message)). They’ll be able to assist you with your mistakenly bought iD SIM card.

Out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are handled when the iD social media team next start work - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Any help appreciated. 

Andy

Hey @Andy 513 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?