Beware of data theft

• 26 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Please beware that when changing your plan any accumulated data is stolen by ID Mobile and does not rollover. It cost me 100gb last month. 

This is acceptable though because it's covered in the t's & C's that most people including me never read, they are not written for the customers benefit though are they? 

I spoke to their sales team twice (yes, I waited forever to speak to someone!) I was never warned of this deception.

Treat your dealings with ID with care ID like all other mobile companies have limited or no integrity whatsoever.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dannsdaze95,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry, you can't roll over unused data from the billing period when you changed plans. Instead, your Data Rollover will re-start at the beginning of your new plan.

We would advise that you read all the terms and condition of any contract before signing.

Kash

The terms and conditions protect the writer they are skilfully written in such a way that puts anyone who is not a legal professional off reading them. If you look at the bullet points of the offers on websites and apps highlighting rollover data then this is what you should get unless it qualified. Further if you speak to a sales advisor on the phone he would be doing his job for both you and his company to point out small print rip offs!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Dannsdaze95,

As per the terms and conditions:

11.3.4 Any unused Rollover data allowances will be lost if you migrate to a new tariff. However, if the new tariff is eligible for Rollover, you will begin to accrue Rollover allowances again.

Kash

Yes I know how it works now the so called upgrade is in fact a downgrade I was just warning those of your customers who like me read the highlights promoted but not all the small print that they may get ripped off if they are not careful 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dannsdaze95,

We are sorry to hear this and we can only apologise for any confusion.

Your rollover should start after your second month allowances renew.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?