Solved

Billed twice for the same period

• 22 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Would be great if someone could help me with the following problem:

Until last week I was on a £5 a month, 1GB sim-only contract. I never had any issues with billing, my direct debit was always £5 + the occasional top-up, which was always correct. My billing period would always be from the 20th of one month to the 19th of the next. 

On the 16th of November I upgraded my package to an £18 per month deal with unlimited data. As far as I understood it, my bill for November would be £5 for my old package + a pro-rata rate for the new package from the 16th - 19th of November. 

On the 21st I received a bill for £19.71, for the 16th November to the 19th December, payable by the 4th of December. This amount appears to be correct (basic package cost of £18 + pro rata days), but I’m not sure why my contract has switched to paying upfront, rather than after the billing period. 

Most importantly, however, on my ID mobile account it also says my next bill will be for the period of November 20th - December 19th, and cost £18, payable on January 3rd. 

Could an ID staff member please explain why I am being charged twice for the same period? Surely the bill for £19.71 should be payable by January 3rd, rather than December 4th, and the bill for November 20th -December 19th is an error. Either way, I would appreciate some support removing the additional bill. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 23 November 2022, 10:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

An iD pay monthly plan has always required paying for the plan’s allowances monthly in advance - it’s all there in the terms & conditions.

Thanks for replying Ande. It's possible that my contract has now switched to paying upfront (I have paid at the end of the month for the oast 4 years, but before would be fine) but this still doesn't explain why I've received two bills for the same period ?

An iD pay monthly plan has always required paying for the plan’s allowances monthly in advance - it’s all there in the terms & conditions.

Thanks for replying Ande. It's possible that my contract has now switched to paying upfront (I have paid at the end of the month for the oast 4 years, but before would be fine) but this still doesn't explain why I've received two bills for the same period ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ll need an iD agent to look at your account for assistance with your billing enquiry.

Wait here if you don’t mind how long it’ll take to get your question answered, otherwise contact iD using their live chat service.

For an alternative to live chat, get in-touch with the iD Mobile social media customer support team, using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance.

Good luck @ColinK

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ColinK,

Did you manage to get some assistance with this via Live Chat or Social Media.

If you still require assistance you can let us know here and we will get back to you.

Kash

You’ll an iD agent to look at your account for assistance with your billing enquiry.

Wait here if you don’t mind how long it’ll take to get your question answered, otherwise contact iD using their live chat service.

For an alternative to live chat, get in-touch with the iD Mobile social media customer support team, using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance.

Good luck @ColinK

Got the problem fixed v quickly via contacting ID on their fb messenger service. Great tip, cheers. 

Hi @ColinK,

Did you manage to get some assistance with this via Live Chat or Social Media.

If you still require assistance you can let us know here and we will get back to you.

Kash

Hi Kash, I did manage to get the issue resolved via IDs fb messenger service. Im not sure if this was due to action by iD staff, or just because my billing profile updated itself, but either way, problem solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ColinK,

Thanks for confirming that we were able to resolve this via Facebook.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?