Solved

Can i use my unlimited data sim in my Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi dongle, Model R218h?

• 12 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Can i use my unlimited data, text, calls SIM in my Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi dongle, Model R218h as that’s why i ordered the SIM or can i buy a supported wifi dongle device? I recently registered, by putting the SIM card in an old phone to receive texts any advice? My device is a Huawei Model HB434666RBC. I’m on a 12 month pay monthly contract, started 30/09/2022.

I’ve been told by Vodafone that the device is unlocked, but I feel I’m limited by what devices ID mobile allow to be used with a SIM card. As I live in the countryside in Northern Ireland and have poor access to Wi-Fi broadband, so a Wi-Fi dongle on 4G is the best affordable solution.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Robert.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 12 October 2022, 14:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Robert Johnston, iD Mobile don’t support or sell mobile broadband routers.

Your R218h router device may well work with your unlimited iD SIM card, but you might need to change the APN settings on the router when using the iD SIM.

The network setting for iD Mobile (with the APN value) are online.

You’ll need to use the device’s web admin page to change any settings.

Good luck @Robert Johnston

Thanks @andewhite for your help, I can’t access the Wi-Fi dongle in that way, have been able to cancel my contact for free, which is better than being charged the full years fees etc, as I’m within the first 14 days. Just need to try and find an alternative network provider who’s SIM supports the Vodafone dongle which I’m still using.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Robert Johnston, if the dongle is Vodafone branded, look for a deal with VOXI or Vodafone maybe?

You’d probably be better off with a mobile broadband router - Vodafone, Three and EE sell them, but your data plan will be more expensive than with iD - good luck though.

Why iD Mobile?