Question

contract

• 9 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I have just paid off for my phone and cancelled my direct debit. Although my phone came with a data bundle for the period of 2 years; 

1) I’m I still going to be debited because I received a notification saying I have cancelled my direct debit and may result as a missed payment?

2)  Is my bundle active for the next 2years or I’ll have to start paying separately now?. 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Deby Ekere, what made you cancel your DD?

1. Cancelling your DD means there’s no longer a payment method linked to your iD account, which could now fall into arrears and potentially affect your credit rating - hence the message from iD.
  2. Once a 24-month contract ends, you move to a rolling one-month contract at the same rate as the phone + airtime contract - this is the iD way.

To avoid overpaying, you should change or upgrade your plan using the iD app, or your My iD Account online. Always make sure you’re signed-in when changing or upgrading, to ensure you keep your existing mobile number.

Good luck @Deby Ekere

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Deby Ekere,

If you require further assistance please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Hello Kash,

I have just left ID mobile, please can I know why I am having a termination fee having paid off my contract please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Deby Ekere ,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Please I would like to cancel my current contract on the 29th and moved to sim only with th same number 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Please I would like to cancel my current contract on the 29th and moved to sim only with the same number 07------329

Not a good idea posting your mobile number in this public forum @Sonko Rimason

Bad actors and scammers read posts in this forum looking for information to use fraudulently.

To do what you want, I’d recommend reading following forum articles:- 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sonko Rimason,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that the information that @andewhite has answered your questions.

If you require further assistance or information, please get back to us.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?