Question

DEFAULT on my account

• 21 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone 

I I need help with the default account as you all know the interest rates have gone up and I'm looking to verify mortgage but this I've got a default on my credit file for 19 pound which was settled back in 2021 But it's still causing me issues um regarding getting a good mortgage deal um this caused me a lot of stress I've just wondering if anybody out there knows how to resolve this issue I have been touched by the customer service a few time but it's just going backwards and forwards been with no solution So just wondering if anybody else had the similar problem and has found some sort of solution to get this removed from their credit file

2 replies

Userlevel 1

If iD defaulted your account for non payment of your bill(s) and you chose to ignore the Default Notice that would have been issued to you then the default would remain on your Credit File for 6 years - Moral of the story, pay your bills / don’t ignore Default Notices. 

If you subsequently paid the default amount after you were defaulted then your Credit File will show the default as ‘settled’ or ‘satisfied’, this again will remain on your Credit File for 6 years. 

If you believe that iD have incorrectly defaulted you and you dispute the default then your best course of action would be to raise a complaint with iD and let them compete an investigation into the circumstances around them defaulting you in the first instance. If it is subsequently found that you were defaulted in error then iD will be able to submit a credit file amendment to the Credit Reference Agencies and have the default removed from your credit file. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @abbasr1 

Please see the above response, thanks for the help here @Steve S S S.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?