Erroneous SMS notice about Direct Debit

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ve got to wonder what’s going on with the online “My iD Account” system.

So, I closed my iD plan in August 2022, more than 6 months ago.
As expected, when I now sign-in to my “My iD Account” online I see the following:

I would say my iD plan and online account are closed, but after cancelling the Direct Debit for this closed account (in March 2023), I received 2 text messages from iD Mobile as below:

Why did I get these messages?
Will iD Mobile do anything about this issue I wonder?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @andewhite,

As you know, this issue has been raised already and we’ve flagged this.

We’re aware of the issue and hope it’s something that can be resolved in the future updates.

The text is sent in error and can be disregarded if you have already cancelled some time ago and fully settled your balance. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for sharing this information @Mohammed.

I hope iD Mobile understand this message is confusing for anybody who closes their iD account, with the balance at £0. 

I also hope iD Mobile can resolve this issue in a timely manner. Once again, thanks for replying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @andewhite,

I’ve heard back from the Team, this was reviewed but unfortunately a bit more complicated to fix because we are required to send these for cases where the account is active or for ones where a return is done and the customer is converted to PAYG and ports out.

Sadly, we can’t set parameters e.g. Don’t send for x account that’s disconnected longer than x period which is what would stop this. This is just due to system limitations.

I appreciate it is causing confusion, but we can only recommend advising those customers who receive these to ensure no balance remains and if this is the case, then to disregard the message.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for this information @Kash

Why iD Mobile?