Solved

Having trouble topping up

Userlevel 1

I am having difficulty for the second month running now topping up my PAYG account.  The problem is that when I attempt to top up OR purchase a bundle I get the error message “oops, something went wrong, please try again”.  This is not isolated to one account either as I have two PAYG accounts, one for my wife and one for my son and I have also tried on multiple devices, a PC with Edge browser (dont judge) and also my iphone via both the safari browser and also the mobile app but to no avail.  The same thing occurred last month at which time I managed to get through to an agent on the online chat and his resolution was to just give me a 10 pounds bundle for free, however this time not only do I have this issue but I am also unable to get through to an agent.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?

icon

Best answer by PeteHH 23 January 2023, 18:04

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Wayne Harris,

I believe the issue is linked with 3DS and Banks increased security checks.

Try a different browser via the PC such as Chrome and this should work.

You may need to speak to your Bank to get iD Mobile added to an approved list first.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. Have spent hours with online chat getting nowhere. I also have 2 PAYG accounts and cannot top up either, in the app or via web browser.

I do not get as far as entering any card details before getting the "oops..." message. One online chat agent told me I had to register my phone number against the bank card through my bank's ATM: I tried this today and there is no option for doing this!

I last managed to top up one of the accounts about 3 months ago.

I too have tried different browsers, incognito mode, whatever has been suggested, all resulting in failure.

There is clearly some issue with the idmobile online payment processing system, PLEASE can you make sure this problem is flagged to the relevant technical team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @PeteHH @Wayne Harris,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you getting the chance to enter your card details etc and failing when trying to take payment?

If so, it may be the payment that is failing you may need to speak to your bank and see what is going wrong with the validation, it may be failing on a 3DS2 check somewhere, maybe the authentication approval is not being passed on to them there will be a SMS, email, or app notification from the bank which would need approving.

Kash 

Userlevel 1

No, the attempt fails even before the card details are requested, so it can't be a card validation failure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @PeteHH,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Looks like the problem was having a profile without a name and address!! Still didn't get the app to accept a top up payment though.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Looks like the problem was having a profile without a name and address!! Still didn't get the app to accept a top up payment though.

Okay @PeteHH, forum members @Dejan Dimitrov and @groovycarrot solved this by entering their address in the profile using the address search box and their post code, on the website. Doing this filled out the address form differently to how they’d been entering it manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad we were able to help get to the bottom of that @PeteHH,

I’ve marked your post as Most Helpful so if anyone else stumbles upon this topic they can hopefully solve it.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same problem. When I follow the instructions (Top-up now, chosen an amount, Confirm), then says, “ Oops, looks like something's gone wrong. Please try again.“ I’ve tried again and again, but to no avail. I’ve not topped up since May 2022 so is it something to do with that? I can’t see anywhere to speak/chat to someone so am posting here in the hope that someone knowledgeable looks at this. Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m having the same problem. When I follow the instructions (Top-up now, chosen an amount, Confirm), then says, “ Oops, looks like something's gone wrong. Please try again.“ I’ve tried again and again, but to no avail. I’ve not topped up since May 2022 so is it something to do with that? I can’t see anywhere to speak/chat to someone so am posting here in the hope that someone knowledgeable looks at this. Thanks.

Banks and iD have revised their security checks since May ‘22. Make sure your iD account’s billing address exactly matches the card holder address. The best way of doing this is to use online address picker when setting the address. 

Forum members @Dejan Dimitrov and @groovycarrot solved their top-up issues by entering their address in the profile using the address search box and their post code, on the website. Doing this filled out the address form differently to how they’d been entering it manually.
🍀🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I hadn’t even got as far as paying, so updating my profile address (I hadn’t given my address at all) didn’t occur to me. It works now, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @CatP,

Glad to hear that it’s all working now!

This used to work fine before but changes to the security checks from Banks (3DS2) made it stricter hence the accounts without addresses on them started to have issues.

Mohammed

I am unable to top up my phone it is topped up using PayPal 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am unable to top up my phone it is topped up using PayPal 

If your iD billing and account address don’t match your PayPal billing address, your top-up might fail.

The financial regulator has changed the rules for online payments, meaning more checking is done now, and your address needs to correlate between iD, PayPal, and your bank. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gary c 

As suggested by @andewhite above I’d recommend checking your address matches between the iD Mobile account and the PayPal account and checking to see if this could be the issue.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?