Question

How can I escalate this further?

• 16 April 2024
  • 2 replies

On Friday, I tried to top up my phone £20 using the iD mobile app. However every time I went to make the payment it said "sorry there was an error please try again" so I did as I needed the credit to use my phone. However every time the app said there was an error it had actually processed. Now instead of having £20 credit they took £120 out of my bank. Leaving me with nothing. I immediately got onto the live chat and they said they have logged the error and request for refund and told me to return in 48 hours. So 48 hours, I returned (Sunday) but they had no update and said there would be an update within 12 Hours so 12 hours later I returned (Monday morning) but there was no update again! And this time they said please wait 24 hours for a guaranteed update so yet again I waited 24 hours (Tuesday morning) but when I went to live chat they said no update again! And now I have to wait another 48 hours!! Which will take it to nearly a week. They just don't seem to care whatsoever about their customers. I'm getting no answers at all from anywhere. I haven't been able to purchase food now for 5 days because of this! 

So my question is, is there any way I can escalate this further? Before considering legal ramifications as I am considering going to the small claims court to get my money back.

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try lodging a complaint with iD Mobile, @JosephK.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JosephK,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m very sorry to hear about this and I have sent you a PM.

We’ll be happy to assist you further there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?