Question

how difficult to cancel the new additional contract

• 20 December 2022
  • 8 replies

A few days ago, i received an email from id mobile to say my current contract is ending at the beginning of january。I can now upgrade or cancel my contract. So i have upgraded a sim only contract. But i didn't do the right way, i just bought another new contract without realized. It was very confusion to operate on id mobile website. Now I tried to cancel the new contract. The live chart button is not displayed on my phone Doesn't matter how many times i tried. Even though i turn on the cookies following all the instructions. I still couldn,t get live chat on my phone. How frustrated it is! Especially ID mobile has no live person to answer the phone. Everything has to be done online。But the website doesn't Function properly. I never had this issue with other mobile provider. Oh, my direct debit has been set up. I'm still within the fourteen days cooling off period. But it took me a lot energy and a lots time to try to get hold of their custom service (real person) online to cancel this additional purchase within my 14 days cooling off period. I am worried i  will pass my fourteen days cooling off period by the time Then i had to end up to pay for two contracts. 

Please help Me to cancel this contract!! I really can't get hold of livechat at all on id mobile website.

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Fang chen - no telephone helpline, iD Mobile help & support is 100% online.

Try contacting the iD social media customer support team on facebook (using Messenger), or on Twitter (by Direct Message), and get them to assist with canceling your unwanted plan. 

Good luck @Fang chen.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Fang chen,

Did you still require assistance with this?

If you haven’t managed to get in touch with someone, please let us know and we can check it out.

Kash

No, i used the facebook link to ask for the help, as my social media User name doesn't match my real name. They don,t want to help me,revert me back to the live chats,which i don't have any access on my phone。what can i do now? Please help! Why id mobile Make simple thing so difficult for people?.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Fang chen,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have a similar issue, have up graded my phone but now seem to have two contracts running and two direct debits issuing, both contracts are iD, how do I cancel the old contract?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have a similar issue, have up graded my phone but now seem to have two contracts running and two direct debits issuing, both contracts are iD, how do I cancel the old contract?

What you do next depends on whether or not you want to keep your mobile number.

If you don’t care about your mobile number, just cancel the contract you don’t want.
Do this using the iD app, or your My iD Account online, for the iD plan you don’t want to keep - good luck @Stacey28.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stacey28

It would appear that an upgrade hasn’t been done and instead a second new contract. We’d recommend cancelling the new contract in favour of upgrading the old contract so you can keep the desired number.

Or if you’re happy to lose the old number cancel the old plan and keep the new one.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thank you Tom.

Why iD Mobile?