Question

How do I reactivate my Pay as you go phone?

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I haven’t used my pay as you go phone for a while and I tried topping up but it doesn’t work.

I tried to contact you via Live Chat and Live Chat doesn’t pop up, I can’t even download your app because Google playstore setting isn’t the UK, I can’t change it to UK because I’m leaving here in 3 weeks. 

Could you please reactivate my account? 

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @phs928, you might need to get another PAYG SIM, which will be allocated a different number.

I suspect iD Mobile disconnect a PAYG SIM from their network after a long period of inactivity - i.e. you’ve not done anything chargeable with your iD PAYG SIM card. 

I think once the SIM has been disconnected, your iD account is closed and the mobile number is returned to a pool of inactive/unused mobile numbers, which get reallocated at a later date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @phs928 

How long have you left the Pay As You Go before topping it up? If left for too long the account may deactivate and a new line may need to be purchased.

If you’re unable to use the app because of app store restrictions, we’d recommend the website.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @phs928,

The account may be disconnected if it’s more than 4-months of non-usage.

In this case, you will need to purchase a new PAYG SIM to use this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?