Question

im overcharged on my data used in Croatia and Hungary for over 25 pounds

I've filed a complained few times by now but had no reply on my case

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mira,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you haven’t had a response to your complaint.

In most cases the team respond to complaints within 72 hours.

How did you make a complaint? If 72 hours have passed we can look into this for you.

Did you use your data more than the fair usage amount by any chance?

Kash

I made few complains so far and still awaiting for the reply. I had over 60 gb  data to use but instead my cap was used instead and I was charged over 25 pounds on my cap. 

it was over 2 weeks now 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I made few complains so far and still awaiting for the reply. I had over 60 gb  data to use but instead my cap was used instead and I was charged over 25 pounds on my cap. 

Unfortunately @mira, your iD account EU roaming mobile data allowance won’t be the same as your UK mobile data allowance. 

If you joined iD Mobile on or before 20th June 2023, then your iD plan has a fair usage limit for EU roaming mobile data. You can calculate your fair usage data limit online at: 
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy#before-june-2023  

If you joined iD Mobile on or after 21st June 2023, you can use up to 30GB of roaming mobile data in the iD inclusive 50 EU + EEA destinations, of your UK mobile data allowance. 

iD will charge for any EU roaming mobile data usage above the fair usage amount for your iD account. 

I joint long time ago and I was never told that my eu allowance is smaller than my actual allowance 

I was not sent Any messages that my allowance is close to the limits so that is not the case! 

I was not roaming over 4 months period either but that happened wothing 2 weeks abroad

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @mira, I’m just an iD forum member like you.

Unfortunately, the iD Mobile fair use policy is included in the iD terms & conditions, which customers agree at the time of purchase.

SMS text messages sometimes aren’t delivered - because the mobile network technical standards for SMS say that delivery is not guaranteed. Perhaps that’s why you didn’t get a data usage text message alert when you were data roaming in Croatia and Hungary.

Not sure being away for less than 4-months would be relevant. 

The iD complaints team have 8-weeks to respond to each complaint, so if you don’t hear back in time, you can take your case to the Ombudsman for Communications.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I joint long time ago and I was never told that my eu allowance is smaller than my actual allowance 

Yes you were. It’s written in the terms & conditions you agreed to when you signed up. If you didn’t read them, that’s your bad. 

I was not sent Any messages that my allowance is close to the limits so that is not the case! 

You only get a text if you do spend more time abroad than in UK over a 4-month period. You didn’t, so no text. But the fair use limit still applies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mira 

As mentioned above the fair usage policy applies to everyone on iD Mobile, it’s agreed to at the point of sale in the contract.

Have you heard back from the complaints team about this?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?