Question

Need Help re PAC code

• 27 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to move from Plusnet to ID Mobile, i’ve set up an account and plan and received my sim which I’ve put in the phone and it works fine, I now need to transfer my existing number using the PAC code I got from Plusnet 2 days ago. I put all the details in on the screen and it rejects it with the message “We’ve tried to process your PAC, but there’s an issue etc”, I’ve checked all the details are correct. I eventually got through to customer services who said they could not help me and I needed to go into a chat screen which I can’t locate. I have nowhere to go now and don’t know what to do next. Any ideas gratefully received.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark Farrow 

Have you already given the PAC code at checkout/purchase?

Does the transaction number you’re using begin with a 4? Please check your “Welcome to iD” email which will have the correct transaction number if not.

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. Firstly giving PAC at purchase was not an option. The tran I'd does begin with a 4. A very stressful experience for me was resolved by spending about 40 minutes on live chat only to be told my order was processing and my PAC was accepted. The form with PAC etc was rejected which led to this wild goose chase. Customer service  not a high priority with Currys. Rgds 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark Farrow 

Glad to hear that the live chat were able to assist here.

Tom

Finally got there more by luck than judgement, all good now but the experience should not be so stressful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mark Farrow,

Glad to hear that it has been resolved, sorry for any issues that you experienced.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?