new sim

• 31 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi I am currently with ID but got a new sim with ID with a different plan. I put my new sim in but my number hasn’t transferred over so I’m back with my old sim. Can I move my number over? 

andewhite 2 months ago

Not directly @Kailey Estevez. iD Mobile won’t transfer a mobile number from iD contract to another iD account. 

To use the number you want to keep with your new iD SIM, you need to perform a triangle port. This involves switching the number from your old iD SIM to another service provider (using a PAC), then switching the number you want to keep back to iD Mobile to use with your new iD SIM.

🍀

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not directly @Kailey Estevez. iD Mobile won’t transfer a mobile number from iD contract to another iD account. 

To use the number you want to keep with your new iD SIM, you need to perform a triangle port. This involves switching the number from your old iD SIM to another service provider (using a PAC), then switching the number you want to keep back to iD Mobile to use with your new iD SIM.

🍀

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Kailey Estevez, @andewhite is correct here. You would need to process a triangle port.

This would involve transferring the number you want to keep on a pay as you go SIM with any other network, and then onto the new ID SIM. The pay as you go SIM would be used as a stepping stone in this instance.

If you have any further questions or queries on this, feel free to let us know. 

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?