Solved

payg sim

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I ordered a payg sim for a new extra phone. It is now inserted but I am locked out as I put my exising pin into phone. On downloading IDmobile I signed in with my previous details for phone#1. Now it shows up my existing details and not those of phone#2’s PAYG sim.  I didnt  realise I had to have a new email address.  so 1. how do I unlock my sim (?) and 2. how to re -register the new payg sim card

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 29 February 2024, 16:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

After 2 failures you should have STOPPED; you’ll now need to ask id Mobile for the PIN unlock code via the CHAT service. Depending on how many times you entered wrong PIN, card may now be permanently disabled/ need replacing.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I ordered a payg sim for a new extra phone. It is now inserted but I am locked out as I put my exising pin into phone. On downloading IDmobile I signed in with my previous details for phone#1. Now it shows up my existing details and not those of phone#2’s PAYG sim.  I didnt  realise I had to have a new email address.  so 1. how do I unlock my sim (?) and 2. how to re -register the new payg sim card

The default SIM pin is 0000. If you have blocked the SIM, then ask live chat for a PUK code. It’s an 8 digit numerical code unique to your SIM. Enter an incorrect PUK 10 times and you will need to order a replacement.

https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

thanks the PUK code worked and I registered it to a new email address. All subliime. Thanks for helping

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kathleen Nelson,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance you can get back to us via the Community.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?