Solved

payg sim

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I ordered a payg sim for a new extra phone. It is now inserted but I am locked out as I put my exising pin into phone. On downloading IDmobile I signed in with my previous details for phone#1. Now it shows up my existing details and not those of phone#2’s PAYG sim.  I didnt  realise I had to have a new email address.  so 1. how do I unlock my sim (?) and 2. how to re -register the new payg sim card

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 29 February 2024, 16:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

After 2 failures you should have STOPPED; you’ll now need to ask id Mobile for the PIN unlock code via the CHAT service. Depending on how many times you entered wrong PIN, card may now be permanently disabled/ need replacing.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I ordered a payg sim for a new extra phone. It is now inserted but I am locked out as I put my exising pin into phone. On downloading IDmobile I signed in with my previous details for phone#1. Now it shows up my existing details and not those of phone#2’s PAYG sim.  I didnt  realise I had to have a new email address.  so 1. how do I unlock my sim (?) and 2. how to re -register the new payg sim card

The default SIM pin is 0000. If you have blocked the SIM, then ask live chat for a PUK code. It’s an 8 digit numerical code unique to your SIM. Enter an incorrect PUK 10 times and you will need to order a replacement.

https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

thanks the PUK code worked and I registered it to a new email address. All subliime. Thanks for helping

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kathleen Nelson,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance you can get back to us via the Community.

Kash