Solved

previous number transferred but in messages and on my phone settings its using ID number

• 16 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

So, I transferred to ID. Got my old phone number transferred. Had a message from ID to say it had been successful. My account has my transferred number but when I look at my phone settings I have the ID phone number showing and when I send an iMessage it comes up with the ID number not my transferred one. I can receive texts ok to my original transferred number but can’t send with my original number. I’ve tried resetting network settings. I’ve tried taking out and putting back the SIM card. And I’ve tried everything else suggested in this forum. Live chat is worse than useless and I can’t get to speak to a real person. Can anyone help? Thanks 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 16 January 2024, 13:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried the following with your iPhone, @Pobcaz?

1. Turn OFF iMessage
  2. Turn OFF FaceTime 
  3. Turn OFF your iPhone
  4. Carefully remove your SIM card and check it’s not broken, damaged or dirty
  5. Insert your iD SIM card and turn ON your iPhone
  6. Turn ON iMessage
  7. Turn ON FaceTime

Hopefully Apple services recognise the mobile number linked to your device is the number your transferred to iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I’ve turned off iMessages, removed, cleaned and replaced the SIM card. I’ll try turning off both iMessages and face time. I’m out at the mo but will give it a go when I get back 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sometimes a NETWORK RESET can also rectify the problem you’ve reported, @Pobcaz
The iOS user guide explains the procedure for a network reset.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I’ve done a network reset. I’ve turned off face time and iMessages, taken out the sim, checked it, put it back and it’s still not worked. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance. Frustrated 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you checked the correct mobile number is shown in the following locations:

• Settings > Apple ID > [Your device with the iD SIM] > Phone Number
  • Settings > Phone > My Number
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM 
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM 
  • Settings > FaceTime > YOU CAN BE REACHED BY FACETIME AT 
  • Settings > FaceTime > CALLER ID

Userlevel 1

Yes I have. It was the wrong number. I think I’ve now resolved it. With an iPhone you have to change the number manually? 🤷‍♀️ so I’ve done that in settings-phone and changed my number. Turned off iMessages and face time and then done a network reset. Seems to have cleared the problem. 
thanks for your help. It’s been driving me mad!! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the iD SIM card was used before your number switched to iD Mobile, which might’ve meant when the number changed after switching, the change wasn’t detected.

Userlevel 1

Aah yes it was. Thanks 

Why iD Mobile?