Question

Problem with mobile data refresh

I ran out of mobile data in March 2023 and so I switched to WIFI only and for good measure turned off mobile data on my phone. I get 2GB mobile data as part of my monthly package.

The new billing period started yesterday 7 April and I logged into my account to discover that I have allegedly used 1020.36 GB in less that 24 hours despite my mobile data is still SWITCHED OFF.

I used the only chat but the agent was not help. He/she kept telling me how much data I had left and not addressing the issue.

ID Mobile is only as good as the service they provide when things go wrong and right now I am not having much confidence in them and at this stage I am more than happy to switch to another provider who have knowledgeable live human beings on duty that I can speak with when I have a problem and who are empowered to investigate and provide a solution.

Can I get some assistance please?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TerryA,

Welcome to the Community!

We would only reduce your remaining allowance due to it being used.

It’s likely that apps have been running in the background even if Wi-Fi is on as some apps may be set to use mobile data.

You can check what you have used data on via the data usage section of your settings.

However you mentioned that mobile data is switched off so please let us know what is showing as used via data usage on your handset settings.

Kash

Hi @Kash,

The information you asked for is provided in my message.

Here is a screenshot. My Mobile Data was switched off for 14 days (and remains switched off) before this refresh was done. When it was refreshed on 7 April this is what it shows … and it is bogus. Not true.

In addition, my handset shows that between 22 Dec 2022 0930am and now Mobile Data usage was 4.5GB and roaming was 6.4K.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TerryA 

As mentioned the app would show accurately your data usage, the screenshot shows you have a 2GB allowance for the month and have used around 1GB and have around 1GB remaining.

If you have switched the mobile data off in the device and the data has still been used I’d recommend speaking directly to the device manufacturer as there may be a glitch on their software side with the toggling of mobile data.

With the settings in the device we’d recommend lining the usage tracker up with your allowance refresh you have with us for more accurate tracking. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?