Recent problems of service when it's claiming that you are out of credit

• 20 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi. I am a PAYG user.

Today it happened to me the second time within 8 days that I couldn't make a call or use the network as I was told that I was out of credit, even though I wasn't. Today the problem actually lasted only a few minutes, however, it occurred right at the time when I was during an important call, resulting in disconnecting me all of a sudden along with playing the record that I am out of credit. Fortunately, my interlocutor called me back, and yet, I also had an urgent need to access the Internet and I wasn't able to since the problem was still on.

And the first time when I experienced the problem, on 12 September, it persisted for as long as several hours. At that time I was also calling the iD’s automated phone service (03330037777) which number was included in the message about no credit. Though the number is free, it turned out to be unreachable, giving a message which I forgot, but it might actually have been saying something about technical difficulties of this automated phone service. Anyway, it seemed to be related to my problem as well as indicate that the iD network could be out of order not only for me (maybe for everyone, or at least every PAYG user?)

I decided to write about it here and, at the same time, ask iD Mobile employees who get to read it if they are aware of these currently ongoing (assuming it may happen again) technical difficulties.
I think it is a serious problem as it can literally prevent one from using their phone at times when they need it most.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kage,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing.

Are you still having the issue?

We don’t have any reports of such issues at the moment, neither have I come across this before.

Do you have top-up credit or are you using a bundle?

Kash

Hi @Kash,

I have credit, not bundles.

I don’t know if and when the issue will come up again. It’s possible that it’s sometimes in place when I don’t use the network. If so, it’s particularly hard for me to notice it as I actually don’t use the network that much, i.e. I don’t make many calls and don’t use much mobile data. Nevertheless, if I experience the issue again, let me make an update here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kage,

Please let us know right away so that we can get some examples and escalate it.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?