Userlevel 1

As per title, no easy way to contact idmobile directly.  Not a good start 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 12 April 2023, 12:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD say their SIM cards take 3-5 working days to be delivered from the date of dispatch.

The date of dispatch would be the date in the ORDER COMPLETE email iD Mobile send out.

You can directly contact iD privately on Facebook (Messenger), or Twitter (DM), to enquire about your order @Dunebuggy. The online customer care agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite.  Order Complete date was 6 April, but I see that’s only been 1-2 business days avoiding Easter, so hopefully I will hear from the courier soon.  I don’t use either FB or Twitter though.  Seems there’s no way to contact IDmobile via their own website as I can’t register for live chat without having possession of the SIM card.   

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD normally use Royal Mail’s postal service for SIM card deliveries.

In my experience, the iD social media customer care team provide the best support.
You can use the iD live chat service without your iD SIM - any telephone number is valid.

Userlevel 1

In some places it says Royal Mail, in others DPD, but hey ho.  As far as I can see the live chat is just a bot which takes me to a dead end on my issue (when it manages to launch), am I looking at the wrong page https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat?  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

After connecting to iD live chat, just type “talk to a person” to avoid the bot, and then it’s a matter of waiting for an agent to respond.

IMHO, the social media customer care (Facebook & Twitter) is the best option with iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

it doesn’t offer talk to a person live chat for me, but I do appreciate your trying to help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dunebuggy 

If you’ve placed an order for a SIM only plan on 06/04/23 we’d recommend allowing until 6pm on 17/04/23 for it to arrive as Royal Mail will deliver the SIM within 3-5 working days.

Please let us know if you don’t have it by 6pm on 17/04/23 so we can get in contact and take a look.

Tom

Userlevel 1

hi @Tom ,

Thanks for your reply, the SIM arrived yesterday, so all is well!

All the best

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dunebuggy,

Glad to hear that it is sorted.

If you require further assistance, please let is know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?